Chapter 62

Rae's POV

"So, how did you trip go?" Elle asks as we sit in class.

"It's was great, Demi's family is great, amazing even, and well they get along with James so well it's almost like they have met before but they all say they haven't." I say smiling excitedly.

"Rae! Elle! Would like to share with the class!" The teacher whose name I have still yet to learn the of yells from the form of the class looking very pissed off.

"Not really, thanks for the offer though." I say before I can even think about it. I look at Elle wide eyed and she look at me the same way.

"Do you want to try that again, Miss. Adams?" They teacher raises his eye brow at me daring me to continue, and you know I don't back down from a dare.

"I said, no, but thank you for the offer, sir." I repeat changing it a little.

"Leave my class now!" His voice booms making me jump before packing my bag and telling Sarge to follow me.

When I walk by his desk he hands me a hall pass to the office, but I am in no frame of mind to go there. Him talking to me like it's put me on edge and if the principal does it too like I know he will it might put me over the edge.

I walk down the hallway and down a set of stairs and then out the door of the back-parking lot. I know skipping is worse than just going to the office but, oh well. I walk around the outside of the school until I am in the front parking lot.

I then proceed to pull out my phone as I walk toward the road to head home. I call Demi, knowing she doesn't have class right now.

I look both ways when I get to the street before crossing.

"Rae?" Demi says just as I step in to the street still watching everything.

"Hey, uh, if someone calls and tells you I am not in class it's because I am not in class." I explain getting to the other side of the street. "I left school early, because the stupid teacher was sending me to the office and so I left. I just can't deal with it, right now."

"Rae, you know you can't just leave school." She says clearly irritated but also worried.

"I will deal with consequences later, I am not in the right frame of mind to be yelled at anymore by the principal." As I can see the apartment building in the distance.

"Yelled at?" She asks confused.

"Ask Elle about it. He yelled because we were talking and without thinking I ran my smart mouth and he yelled more. So, I am going to the apartment." I sigh. "I just can't do it Demi, please understand." I beg.

"It's okay, if they ask I will tell them what happened, I will tell them you had to go home for your own safety, but we are talking about this tonight." She says.

"I know, I know." I say and I hear the bell in the background meaning she is about to have a class. "I love you."

"I love you too, bye." She says and hangs up the phone.

As I walk up the stairs to get to the apartment, I here yelling down the hall one really deep voice and one not as deep voice but still deep. I quickly run to the door closing it quickly almost shutting it on Sarge, before sliding my back down it sitting against it.

Suddenly the yelling grows louder and I am suddenly sitting back in the dark room in the foster home and the is outside yelling indistinct works as I try to hold it together. I close my eyes tightly my breathing becoming irradic and uncontrolled. I know the man isn't him but in my mind he he is. I know the man that hurt me is rotting in jail but in my head he is right outside.