Chapter 50

Rae's POV

As we drive to the Zoo after we eat I feel the pit in my stomach making me feel like something bad is going to happen. I don't know what will happen but I know it is something. You know, when you are going somewhere or doing something and you just have this overwhelming feeling that something is going to go wrong but you don't know what to do? That is my issue right now.

"Rae?" I hear and I suddenly realize we have stopped moving and most of the people are out of the van. I look and see Elle looking in at me and Demi having a heated discussion with Mrs. Lowry. Damn, how long did I zone out? "Are you getting out?" Elle asks.

I nod slowly getting out looking around feeling very confused as to what is going on. I see Demi and Mrs. Lowry look over at me as I get out and I try to smile at them but fail.

"Are you okay?" Savi asks me.

"I am good. What are we doing?" I asks looking at everyone just standing around.

"Alright, everyone, listen up!" I hear Mrs. Lowry yell and we all turn to look at her. "You will be splitting of to go explore but you must have at least one person with you at all times. At 1 o'clock, I want everyone at the front of the Zoo as we going to watch a little show they are putting on for us. Is that understood?!?" She asks and everyone give various answers but all saying yes.

She gesture for us to go and when all start walking into the Zoo. Savi, Elle and I all head to the first animal on the path before stopping to look.

"Are you sure you are okay?" Elle asks as I look around jumping at little things as we walk.

"Um, yeah, I am good. I just, I need to go to the bathroom real quick and I will catch up with you later." I say walking away quickly. I hear he talking from behind me to wait for her but I just keep walking.

I make it to the bathroom and see it is empty so I shut the main door and lock it. I slowly slide down it.

I feel me chest start getting tight and my breathing start to change. I feel myself struggling for air and tears start to run down my face. Then it feel the panic start to hit me as I realize I am having a asthma attack and I don't have my inhaler.

I hear a knock ag the door and a soft voice come through from the other side.

"Rae, I need you to open the door." I knew instantly who it was, Demi, and I knew I had to get the door open.

I twist my body so I can see the door handle and the lock. I try to calm myself down as I reach for the door. Again a knock came followed by the same voice pleading with me to let them in.

I finally get the door unlocked and the door slowly opens enough that someone can come in but I don't have to move. I look up at the person who comes in but I don't see Demi. Its Elle she looks at me before looking out the door and listening to someone.

"Rae, we need you to let us open the door a little more." She says reaching to touch me but I quickly flinch away.

I move myself away from the door as I start to feel light headed from the lack of air for so long. The door instantly swings open and Demi walks in and comes over to me. She takes in the sence before kneeling down in front of me.

"Okay, Rae, here is what I need you to do." She says softly using her hands to make me look at her. "I need you to look at me and and follow my breathing, can you do that for me?" She asks and I slightly nod.

She slowly starts mimicking how I am breathing and starts slow lying it down so, that I can follow her. As I feel my lungs fill with air and lunch myself into her. I hold her shirt like my life depends on it as I sob into her shoulder.

"Babygirl, can you get up, so we can go in it side and talk?" She whispers to me, and I only nod.

She pulls me up with her and I just follow here as a few people pile into the bathroom.

If you asked me what just happened to cause all this I couldn't tell you. I was fine earlier in the room this morning not over thinking anything, in fact I didn't care about anything that's why I didn't care how my outfit would go over with Mrs. Lowry. I mean hell, everything was fine before we went to the restaurant. I have never had anything like this happened to me, usually before panic attacks something, anything, happens to cause it. This time nothing...

I notice that I am sitting down at a table in the food court. Demi sits in front of me and I see Elle and Savi walk to another table to give us some space.

"Baby, what happened? Your were happy this morning then suddenly you were all tense and now this. Are you not talking to me anymore.?" She asks genuinely sounding upset.

"I don't know. I was fine and then I suddenly felt like something bad was gonna happen. Nothing happened except this so I have no clue what happened." I tell her honestly.

"Okay, well, what do you need to do?" She asks me. "I mean I can take you back to the hotel and then come back or you can stay with me the rest of the day so I know you are safe." She gives me two choices.

"Demi, I think I will be fine." I sigh. "I wanna stay and I wanna hangout with my friends. You know, I love but I like hanging out with my friends too."

She sighs and stays silent for a moment.

"Okay, but if an th thing happens and you even think your gonna have a another asthma attack or panic attack I need you to call me or get Elle or Savi too, okay?" She asks seriously.

"Yes ma'am." I says nodding. "I love you." I say quietly as I stand up.

"I love you too, sweetheart, I love you too." She says then gestures me to go with my friends while are waiting to leave the food court and go back to having fun.

"You guys didn't have to wait for me." I tell them as we walk out.

"Yes we did. We made a promise to hangout all day together so here we are." Elle states a matter of a factly.

"Yeah, and if you didn't wanna go back we would still stay with you where ever because its not as fun with out all of us." Savi agrees with her.

"Okay. Okay. I get it I am awesome and you can live with out me." I joke making them laugh.

"Ain't that the truth." Elle says hugging me sideways as we all laugh.

"So, where to?" I asks as we stand looking around the Zoo trying to figure out which way to go.