Chapter 66

Rae's POV

"Are you excited?" Elle asks as we walk to gym class on the last day before spring break. "You get an entire week of just you and Demi on the coast." She says dreamily. "If I was with someone I wouldn't be able to contain myself."

"I am." I say smiling slightly at her. 

"You don't seem like it." She says.

"She is paying for everything. The whole trip and I can't help. Not because she won't let me but because I can't." I say frustrated. "She is dating a legitimate child and she deserves so much more than that but she wont believe me."

Then we get to the gym and I open the door for Elle. 

"What do you mean?" She asks looking confused. 

"I have tried to tell her over and over again and she keeps telling me I am wrong and that I am perfect for her but I am really not." I continue to talk as we put our stuff down. "I am far from perfect, I am still in high school, between James and her they are supporting me completely, and last of all, and I know she hates this, she can't be with me around others." I explain. "When we went on the trip during christmas she was so possessive the whole trip because it is the only time she can be with other people." I sigh. "We will talk later." I say when Demi walks in to start class.

"Damn right we will." Elle says and we get quiet along with the rest of the class.

"Today, we will be doing nothing." Demi announces surprising me and everyone else too. 

"Um, ma'am, why?" Someone asks in the front so I can't tell who.

"I have some calls I need to make about personal things, so you will all sit in here and socialize, do work, or anything really, as long as you are quiet, am I understood?" She explains confusing me but make everyone else happy.

With that she walks back out of the gym head towrds the office. 

"What the actually hell just happened?" Elle asks looking  at me. 

"Well, if I knew I would tell you, but I don't" I say laying back putting my head on Sarges back. 

"Shouldn't you find out?" She says looking at me like I have lost my mind.

"She hasn't been telling me things for a few weeks, I figure if she wanted me to know she would tell me. If I ask it'll just start a fight." I explain closing my eyes and relaxing my body. 

"How are you this relaxed?" Elle says. "You have been telling her you aren't good enough for her and now she doesn't tell you anything and you are just laying there like nothing is going on." 

"Elle, I know you are worried about it but I have been living it for over a month," I tell her. "I have been dealing with the anxiety for weeks and I have come to terms with the fact she doesn't trust me enough to tell me whatever it is. For my own health, I have to lay here take deep breaths and try to forget it."

"Okay." She says sadly and then she goes silent. 

I hear her shuffling after a few minutes but I ignore it not want to talk about anything. 

I guess I should explain more about what is going on. 

After Demi asked me about the trip and I agreed and told her we could go where ever she wanted to go, she became distant. We still talk every week, like we started to do before the Christmas trip, and we still sleep together but I know she is hiding something. She avoids me when she is on the phone, she is always looking at her phone waiting for something and when I ask her about it she tells me it is nothing nervously, so I know there is something.