Chapter 32

Rae's POV

I am sitting in the office still with my earbuds in and music blasting, so when Demi walks in I don't see her. Suddenly there is a hand on my shoulder causing me to jump.

"What the hell!?!?" I ask loudly due to being scared.

"It's just me, hun." Demi says crouch down next to me as I pull out an ear bud. "It's time for you gym class do you want to come out and be apart of it or do you need to take the rest of the day?" She asks and I can tell she wants me to come out and participate.

"Yeah, but if I need to leave I will come back here." I decide and she nods.

We walk out and everyone is talking and laughing until they hear to door close. They all stop to look at me and I don't see Kate and Natalie. Then everyone starts clapping and and cheering making me blush, I look over to see Demi is no longer next to me. Demi has made her way the front of the gym and blow the whistle. 

"Alright everyone, lets get started!" She yells so everyone can here. "Today we are gonna play kickball agian, because I like it." Some people cheered and other groaned. "Everyone must participate and team captains will be Rae and Clayton. Losers clean up after the game." She says pointing at a random guy.  

We each pick 14 people to be on our teams and we started the game. For the first time today I genuinely fell happy. Half way through the game my team is up ten points and the other team is acting pretty defeated.

"Guys, come on, you gotta keep trying they aren't that good. I will join your team." Demi says making the gym erupt in arguments and cheers. I just stand in the middle of it all with a slack jaw surprised she usually doesn't get involved. Once everything calms down I decide to speak up. 

"That's not fair, Miss." I state and everyone truns to look at me. "Your older than all of us and your gonna be better, plus it makes the team uneven." I smirk at her. "You wouldn't want it to be unfair would you?" I continue to smirk at her. 

"No, Rae it isn't unfair y'all have been  consistently up at least five points the whole game, I am just trying to even it out." She says and blows the whistle. Everyone goes back to play but no one will even try to get Demi out so she scores five points. So I get to chance to get her out when she is up to kick the ball and that'll get three other people out. 

She goes up to the plate and the balls is rolled to her to kick and she kicks. The ball flies threw the gym and I watch it intently to see where it'll come down. I get right under it ready to catch is when suddenly I feel arms wrap around me and I am push to the ground. I land on top of the person as they purposely tackled me to i would  I ball hits the ground next to me making me groan. 

"Go, go!!" I hear a female voice yell from under me. and the other team got three people across making them one point ahead. 

I roll off the person. "Thats cheating! You can't do that!" I say frustrated without look at the person. I look everyone around us staring wide eyed and I look to see Demi is the one who tackled me.

"I say it is, so it is. Now my team you can go get ready to go home Rae's team you are cleaning up." She announces getting up and I just lay down on my back. Everyone on my team groans and they other cheer. After a few minutes my team is cleaning up around me and I just lay there. 

"Come on, Rae, help us." Someone says and i look up at them.

"No because that was an unfair loss, I am protesting." I say proudly and lay my head back down. 

  The bell rings and everyone leaves and I just continue laying there. 

"Rae, you coming?" Demi says after the bell rings and I don't move. 

"No, I died." I say look over at her. "You killed me." I inform her. 

"You are fine let's go. It didn't hurt you to loose." She says laughing. 

"No, you betrayed me. You stabbed me in the back and now I am dead." I say dramatically. "You played for the other team and then screwed me over and we lost all because of you." I finish. 

"Fine, I am leaving." She says walking away and towards the door. 

I quickly get up and run over to her. She grabs my bog from her office and we walk to the car. When we get to the car she opened the door for me before putting out stuff in the backseat. 

"Are you still mad at me?" She question about half way to mine and James' apartment. 

I don't answer making her sigh. I will admit I am a sore loser and I always have been. James used to let me win things just to make me happy and I knew he was doing it but it didn't matter to me.

"Look, I am sorry, I tackle you but I wanted to win, plus you were gonna get me out." She says and puts her hand on my thigh and I push it away glaring at her. "Baby, I am sorry, Please don't be mad at me please." She begs pulling into a parking space. 

I just look at her and she is smiling at me. I just look at her and she starts laughing as my mad face starts to break turning into a smile making me break out laughing. 

After a few minutes, we get out of the car and walk to the apartment. When we get in James is laying on the couch staring at the ceiling. When he heard us he sits up looking stressed and tired. I slowly sit down on the chair and Demi sits on the arm of the chair making me laugh since there is a whole half of the couch.

"Okay, before, I start i just wanna say this in no way either of your faults. I didn't know you, Demi and you were just doing your best to get tok me at the time. There is and will be nothing you can do about what happened." I say in the most serious tone I can making them none and look at me.

"It all started when I got out of the hospital and James was tying up loose ends before taking responsibility over me and I didn't have anywhere else to be sent..." I start the story.