Chapter 67

Rae's POV

We have been driving for hours since we left the apartment this morning after saying bye to James.

We are still going on the trip for the week even though things have been a bit tense this morning. We have only talked during this ride if one of us needed to stop or to talk about the surroundings. She seems really nervous and is keeping her and on my thigh. Ever now and then she squeezes my thigh nervously which is making me feel really nervous because I still don't even know where we are going so I think it is about that.

"We are here." Demi says as we pull up to a house literally in the middle of nowhere. 

We are surrounded by trees and a lake and nothing else. She gets out coming over to my side of the car and helping me out. She opens the back door letting Sarge out which he quickly runs around sniffing.

"What is this place?" I ask looking around in amazement.

"This is ours for the week." She says. "Just us for an entire week."

She pulls me to her hugging me tightly.

"I love it." I say into her neck as we hug.

"I love you too, baby, now let's get the bags inside and then go for a walk before dinner, yeah?" She suggests and I am instantly for it.

When both get bags and out them in the house and grab Sarge's leash just in case and we head out to walk.

"I am so happy you brought me here." I tell her holding her hand as we walk through the trees.

"I am happy, I did too." She says taking a deep breath. "I was thinking if you like it as much as I do we could buy it, so we can come out here any time. It could be our little place just for us." She says dreamily. "If we have kids one day it could be our family vacation spot and anytime we need a break we could come out here."

She has never talked about the future this much before which make me feel like something is wrong.

"Demi, is everything okay?" I ask stoping up when we get to the lake.

"Yeah, babygirl, everything is great, why wouldn't it be?" She asks confused.

"You never talk about the future you always want to focus on the now and we will focus on the future when we get there." I explains my worries.

"Yes, but at some point the future will be here and I want you to be there to. Remember in Califonia you said you couldn't imagine life without me even though it had been a few months. Well I felt that way since the first time I knew I was in love with you. I knew that day I never want to know life without you." She says. "I have watched you become part of my family, bond with my sisters and even protect Maddie when you didn't have to."

I get even more confused.

Suddenly she pulls something out of her pocket and it looks like a ring box making me gasps.

"Demi?" I question as she kneels down in front of me opening the small box.

"Rae Adam's, will you do me the honor of marrying me and becoming mine forever?" She asks and I feel tears well up in my eyes.

I quickly try to wipe the tears as I nod unable to speak through the sobs that rack my body.

She grabs my left hand slipping the ring on me before pulling me into a hug. I sob in to her shoulder and she continues to hold me.

"I am sorry about the past few weeks. I have been trying to set this all up and I didn't want you to find out." She explains.

"I understand that now, I just feel so bad for being so mean yesterday." I explain.

"No, baby, I understood the way you were feeling." She tells me wiping my tears and kissing me cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too, you jerk." I say pushing her away softly making her laugh.

I look down at my hand inspecting the ring pulling it off to look at it more and engraved on the inner part it says: "My One and Only"

"Its perfect, Demi, but you know I can't wear this to school, right?" I ask feeling a wave of sadness hit me.

"I know but in three months you can wear it everyday, because you will graduate." She say smiling widely.

"Your right." I tell her putting the ring back on and pulling her back to me.

After we stand there is silence for a while she breaks the silence.

"Let's swim." She says pulling away.

"I didn't bring anything to swim in and its gonna be cold." I say look at her like she is crazy when she starts pulling her clothes off.

"I didn't either but I wanna swim with my fiancé right not." She says finishing taking her clothes off and pulling me to her.

She pulls my shirt off followed by my bra and then I help her with my pants and panties before she pulls me into the lake. I squeal when when get all the way into the cold water and cling to her for warmth.

She giggles and pulls me around to her front so she is holding my butt to support me.

"This was your plan all along." I say and she only nods.

She drops her head into my neck kiss a trail up to my lips then quickly going back down.

"I am starting to think we need to take this inside." I say trying to hold in a moan as she continues to kiss and suck on my neck.

She slowly starts walking back to the shore and Sarge comes running out bbn if the water with us. She sits me down to pick up our clothes and slipping on her flip flops before getting me on her back to carry me back to the cabin.

When we get inside Sarge goes and lays on the couch and Demi takes us to the bedroom.

"Demi!" I squeal when she throws me on the bed.

*** 2 hours later***

"I need a break." I say panting.

"Me too." Demi say rolling beside me on her back.

I roll on my side putting my head on her chest.

"I am going to be covered in marks in the morning." I say kissing her shoulder.

"You will have more by the end of the week you can count on that." She says with a smirk.

"Demi, remember we have to go back to school. I can not go back to school with hickeys all over my neck." I whine.

"But you can have them everywhere else, can't you?" She asks rhetorically and I stay silent. "That's what I thought and I will take advantage of that." She smiles.

After 30 minutes of laying there I got to sit up to go get something to eat but she pulls me back down.

"Where are you going?" She asks holding me to her.

"To get food." I say sitting up again and slowly heading towards the door but first I grab one of our hoodies sitting on the bags. I throw it on and a pair of panties and head to the kitchen area.

After a few minutes, I groan because nothing looks good.

"Babe, are you coming back?" Demi asks coming in still naked.

"There's nothing good." I whine.

"I could suggest something." She says smirking coming closer but I stop her by putting my hand up.

"I want food." I state and she sighs moving me to the side.

She lifts me up on the counter and starts cooking some food. Only stopping to come over and kiss me every couple of minutes.

"You lucky I love you." She says handing me a plate of food.

"I love you too." I smile innocently.

With that I hop down and head back to the bed room with her close behind with her own plate of food.