Chapter 3

Rae

"Now this is what's going to happen...."
She starts "We are gonna get you to my office and you will wait there for your bother on my couch. I will call him and tell him what is going on when we get there" She finishes looking me dead in the eye challenging me to go against it.

I nod. "I don't think I can get up." I say weakly. Her face softens "It's okay, we will get you there, I promise, but you have to let me know if you have to much pain, okay?" I agree and she gently moves me so that she is holding me bridle style.

I groan in pain as she starts moving. "I am sorry." She whispers so lowly I am not sure I even heard it and it confuses me. Why is she sorry? She didn't cause this. I did I knew I hurt myself but I didn't say anything. I just watched face as she carries me to the office.

Once in the office she lays me down on her couch and then walks over to her desk  and leans on the front and looks at me and sighs. "What happened? I look away for five minutes and then someone gets hurt..." She starts to mumble "Miss Lovato, it was my fault."I say quietly hoping she hears.

Her head snaps up "What? How is it your fault some girl jabbed her elbow into you ribs?"She asks confused. "That's not what happened-I mean it did- but this is from before. When I fell over th basketball cart I hit my ribs and a sharp pain happened then but I didn't think anything of it. I also just didn't wanna be sent to the nurse." I shiver at the thought of the nurse. "It was sore the whole time we were playing but when that girl hit it. The pain got 10 times worse." I look at the ceiling laying on the couch ashamed to look at her.

"Why didn't you tell me? You could have serious damage." She says looking at me, I can feel it. I just shrug and still don't look at her. I hear foot steps coming towards me and then a thumb and finger grab my chin and turn my head to face her. "Why?" She asks again sternly this time.

"I have my reasons." I said trying to look away only to be held there "I have asked you twice now you won't like it if I have to ask a third." She said and the look in her eye told me she meant it.

"I just didn't wanna go to the nurse. She looks at me weird when I get sent to her office and it makes me really uncomfortable. That's why I freaked out when she tried to touch me. Also James, my brother and legal guardian, had to work today. He has to work til ten. I was supposed to walk home." I start crying again "He works so hard to provide for me and all I do is cause issues. I am always getting hurt or doing something stupid. I can never do anyhthing right. I don't deserve him." I am sobbing as I finish my rant and she gently pulls me into a hug "I don't deserve anything he does he should just get rid of me!"

I push her away, cause pain in my ribs, she lets me pull away and I stand up my hand flying to my ribs. "I uh... I need to go. I have to go" I start freaking out. I head toward the door only to be grabbedand pull back to the couch. I thrash trying to get away. I suddenly feel a weight on me and I stop and look up in surprise.

On top on me was Miss Lovato straddling, holding my arms to my side, and look me straight in the eyes. "Stop fighting me." She says as I once again thrash. I slowly stop and just look at her and notice she slowly gets closer to my face. Then suddenly she pulls away and just sit on me in the same straddling position. She pulls out her cell phone and hands it to me "Call your brothers and the  put it on speaker." She says sternly and I quickly type the number and put it on speaker and wait for him to answer.

"Hello?" I hear after three rings. "James, it's Rae. Miss Lovato wants to talk to you." I look up at her as she is still on top of me. "Oh yes, the nurse said you'd call. Is she okay? Do I need to leave early and take off the weekend?" He asks and she goes to respond but I cut her off "NO! I am fine. I just need to go home and rest you stay at work." She look down at me and sternly says "Do not cut me off again. Got it?" I nod and shrink away trying to sink into the couch.

"Mr. Adams, I have Rae here in my office and she seems be ok and only in a bit of pain. She did have a panic attack right after the incident but she has clamed down." She finishes and wait for a response but all we get is a "Shit." Then we continue to wait. "So I do need to come home she..." I cut him "No! I am fine. You saty..." Then I am cut off by Miss Lovato. "Rae. Stop interrupting people." She sternly tells me and I just not again.

"Now, Mr. Adams what were you saying?" She asks and I just stare at her. "I was thinking out loud that she can't be home alone after a panic attack for a few days because anything could trigger another one and sometimes they cause her to faint and she could get hurt worse." He finishes. "It won't happen this time James, I promise." I say and he sighs. "You can't promise that, you can't help it. But I can't leave you alone." He says and I start crying lightly try to not let him hear I look up trying to hold in the tears.

"Mr. Adams, would you be ok with me taking her home and staying with her till you get home. Then we can figure out where to go from there." She offers and I look at her in shock. "I can't ask you to do that." He says. "Your not. I am happy to do it plus I don't have any plans this weekend. In fact I could probably get some work done as we wait." She says again looking at me and smile reassuringly. "Umm... okay. I guess but only if you sure. Don't be surprised if the apartment is a mess because we have both been very busy." He says

Next thing I know Miss Lovato is helping me into her car and then getting in and I am showing her the way to the apartment.