Fight or flight

T.W: Language
Ship: None
ThirdPerson'sPOV:
Fight:
Patton thought it would be a good idea for the sides and Thomas to do something as a group, bonding time as he put it. No one could say no to Patton and his puppy eyes so that's how they found themselves spending the day at an ice rink and movie theater. Majority of the day was spent ice skating so by the time they got to the movies it was dark, when they got out of the movies it was very late.
The walk back home wasn't a long one but due to it being so late and dark Virgil was on edge. He stayed close to Patton as Thomas and Roman walked a few paces ahead, Logan was walking on the other side of Patton. Everything was fine, Thomas was laughing at something Roman said and Logan and Patton were talking quietly. Virgil was almost relaxed until they passed by a dark alley, getting startled by a loud crash from within it. Roman being Roman wanted to check it out while Virgil wanted to get home as fast as they can.
"It could be a cat Virgil, nothing more!"
"It could also be a serial killer Roman let's go home!"
Thomas decided to cut in, "Let's just take a peak yeah? No harm in that."
Reluctantly Virgil goes along with them, staying close behind Roman. Half way into the alley they don't see anything much to the relief of Virgil.
"See? Nothing to worry about emo nightmare, just an empty al-"
"Roman?" He stopped mid word, and that sent Virgil into a panic trying to see over his shoulder. Roman was deliberately trying to block Virgil's view of a strange man holding Patton against the wall, Logan and Thomas frozen in fear not knowing what to do.
"Roman move!"
Finally getting Roman out of the way, Virgil saw the scene in front of them and went into a panic. Not the usual panic but something inside of him felt different. Seeing Patton look so scared and Logan so hopeless, not to mention Thomas and Roman frozen on the spot, gave him an unusual feeling.
Virgil doesn't know what happened but when he saw Patton in that state something in him snapped and his vision went red. Scowling, he pushed past Logan and Thomas rushing to Patton's side, ignoring everyone's request to stay back. With strength he didn't know he had Virgil punched the man holding Patton, sending him to the ground. Everyone was so shocked at Virgil that they didn't even stop him when he continued to beat the man on the ground.
Thomas being the first to snap out of it tried to pull Virgil away. "Roman! Help me out!" That made Roman get over his shock and help pull Virgil off the now unconscious man, Patton and Logan trying to snap Virgil out of whatever haze he was stuck in.
"Kiddo? Hey look see I'm fine! I'm alright!"
Seeing that Patton was alright Virgil's vision went back to normal and he was panting.
"Wha-What happened?" The others looked at each other and explained what he did to Virgil.
"How did you do that Virgil? We didn't even know you could do that!" Thomas looked pretty proud of Virgil but also had a hint of concern in his voice.
Virgil scratched the back of his neck not looking at anyone, "Well, I'm Thomas' fight or flight, at that moment I guess I switched to full on fight."
Patton only smiled and pulled Virgil in for a hug, "Let's get home kiddo. No more fighting tonight okay?" With a smile Virgil nodded and stayed extra close to Patton.
......... .......... .......... ......... ........
Hope you enjoyed💙
Don't forget to leave request or prompts!
Let me know if you guys want a 'Flight' part to this