You look hot

(So im going to start mixing in some serious one shots in here along with the crack ones cause I have a lot of ideas but I don't wanna make a whole new book)

It was a hot summer day, school had recently gotten out, and I could finally relax. Kind of.

Ouma and I agreed to hang out today, which I was nervous about. I didn't exactly know why, but I always felt the need to impress him.

I paced around my room thinking of what to wear, conversation topics, places he'd like to go. "We're just friends... So why am I stressing so much about this?" I thought to myself.

After a long while I was finally prepared for our day together. I anxiously waited for Ouma's arrival. Without even realizing it, I was doing all the things I would do when I was nervous. Pace, fidget with my fingers, tap my feet. "Why am I so nervous?" I said to myself, "it's not like I have a crush on him... Right?" I quickly shook that thought out of my head, no it couldn't be that.

I then heard a knock at the door and instantly stood up to answer it. I opened the door to reveal Ouma. He had his usual mischievous grin as he said "Heeeeyy Saihara-Chan! Are you ready to go?"

I looked Ouma up and down. He was wearing casual clothing, but he also had a coat on, In summer. I must have looked pretty confused because Ouma said, "whaaat? Does this jacket look dumb on me or something?" He pouted.

"No, but you do look really hot," I said, meaning he looked like he was burning in the heat. Ouma then started to giggle and I realized what my words probably sounded like to him.

"Oh, so does my beloved Saihara think I look cute?" Ouma giggled.

"I-I didn't mean it like that!" I blushed.

"So, does Saihara-Chan think I look ugly, then?" Kokichi pouted.

"No! Uh, I-I-I," I tried to explain, before stuttering nonsense. I couldn't find the exact words to say, so I blurted, "Fine! I think you look adorable! But isn't it too warm out for that?"

"Well, duh." Ouma blushed as he took it off. "I guess I just wanted to hear you say that I looked hot!" He laughed.

"Huh." I honestly could never fully understand him.

"Anyway, ready to go, Saihara-Chan?" He said quickly changing the topic.

"U-uh s-sure," I blushed.

We went out and enjoyed our day together. I also was able to answer my question from earlier, I guess I did like Kokichi Ouma.

A/N: woop, some serious writing! This is actually based off of what happened to me today. My friend was wearing a jacket today and it was burning, so I told her she looked hot. Oops.