Bertayal Pt.2

(Thx to SnowieChan2811 for title suggestions)

~Kokichi's POV~

"You're worthless! Ha! and to ever think Shuichi would like someone like you," Akamatsu said. She kept her promise about not hurting anybody else, but started to bully me very often. "What do you want, Akamatsu?" I asked.

"Don't think I didn't catch you staring at my boyfriend earlier today," she said, kicking my side.

"You're being a bit over protective, don't you think? I did what you wanted... I stopped talking to him..."

That didn't rub her the right way. "You think you can speak to me that way? Y'know... Rantaro might not be able to come to school tomorrow if you keep it up," She said. When she threatened to do things like that, I shut up. "That's what I thought." I always wondered what happened to her. We were in the same friend group and she seemed really nice, I even thought she was helping me out for a little while. It would be hard for anyone who knows her to think she'd be this way, but I guess you just can't really trust anyone. 

"Don't you tell a soul about this," Akamatsu said, I knew what was going to happen next.

~Time Skip~

It had only been about two weeks since I stopped talking to Saihara, and these were the worst two weeks of my entire life. I tried to get over how I felt about him, but unfortunately, it isn't that easy. Akamatsu was attached to him every chance she got. She acted so sweet and kind, and the way he looked at her... I admit, I'm jealous. I'd often think of ways to try and expose Akamatsu as her true self, but I'd always be reminded of how happy Saihara looked with her, and I know it would break his heart. 

I thought he was doing fine without me. That is, until Rantaro came up to me today.

"Hey, Kokichi!" He said. He hadn't really talked to me since He's always with Saihara and Akamatsu, and I didn't expect he ever would.

"Um, Hi, Rantaro. Long time no talk," I said, with a playful grin.

"Seriously," he laughed. "Speaking of which... why have you stopped talking to us? I remembered you saying something to Akamatsu a few weeks ago, then never talking to us since," he face grew a bit more serious and concerned.

 This was a question I was dreading to answer. I couldn't exactly tell him the truth. "It's... a long story."

"I have time to hear it," Rantaro said in a stern tone.

"Really, It's stupid," I said, trying to leave the classroom.

I guess in order to try and keep me from running away, he said this, "Shuichi really misses you, y'know. He thinks it's his fault." I stopped moving. I felt really bad that he felt that way when he shouldn't! It wasn't something he did, it was fucking Akamatsu!

I took a deep breath, "really..."

Rantaro nodded, "Yeah, he keeps telling us he wants to try and talk with you, but Kaede keeps telling him not to worry about it. She really is nice, but I don't think she realizes how stressed it's making him, not being able to talk to you."

This was definitely news to me. I thought he had just forgotten about me and continued with his life, but... he was actually stressing out over me... which isn't much better.