Hanahaki!

(I'M FINALLY WRITING A HANAHAKI THING. In Kokichi's POV)

I lied in bed staring up at the ceiling, passing time by going through my thoughts as I couldn't get myself to fall asleep. A specific memory was highlighted in my mind. The time Saihara held my hand in his telling me everything was going to be okay, when I was finally comfortable to show him weakness. His hands were warm, and my smaller ones seemed to fit perfectly within his. I felt my heart rate accelerate and my throat begin to feel clogged.

"What the hell?" I thought to myself, finding it hard to breath. I quickly sat up as I began to have a coughing fit.

It felt like there was something sticking to walls of my throat and I couldn't stop coughing, even if I wanted to. Whatever it was it felt like it would emerge, so I took a sprint to the bathroom.  I slammed open the door and stood over the sink that was growing a small pool of water due to the drain being clogged.  I coughed a few more times into the sink before three small light blue petals fell.

I stared down, the color draining from my face as I watched the petals drift gracefully in the murky water.

This couldn't be, right?

I started to cough again for a good two minutes or so, petals continuing to spill from my mouth. After my large coughing session, I wiped my mouth and went to get my phone off my nightstand. I had the smallest bit of belief in me that this wasn't what I thought I was. What else could it be though? Was Momota's flawed logic rubbing off on me?

I wrote my symptoms into the search bar while I was still coughing up petals and walking back into the bathroom so I wouldn't leave petals all over my room.

There was only one consistent result from the search.

Of course. Like I thought, no, knew.

I was in love with Shuichi Saihara, and because he'd never love me back, this Hanahaki disease would slowly kill me.

I put my back against the wall and slowly slid down until I was sitting on the floor. "No no no no! fuck no, please!" I whispered to myself, wanting to cry, "Why does this have to happen to me?" There was no way in hell Saihara would share my feelings. He would never see me that way. I was going to die. There was no way in hell I'd be able to pay for surgery. It's not like it'd be the best option to lose all the feelings causing my Hanahaki, either. Panicking, I barely noticed the hot tears streaming from my eyes. Time slipped through my fingers as I lost all sense of it. Then my vision began to get fuzzy and it all went black.

I woke up the next morning on the cold bathroom floor. My neck hurt and my back was sore. I must cried myself to sleep last night.

I felt sick to my stomach and I could barely get up.

This wasn't going to stop from going to school. Hanahaki wasn't contagious first of all, and I didn't want anyone to know. I had built a wall around myself for so long, I didn't want people to know I was weak enough to let myself fall in love.

I didn't know what time it was as I had fallen asleep in my bathroom. I went to check my phone, but it was dead. Great.

I got off of the floor and entered my room. The alarm clock was going off already. For who knows how long.

I checked the time in the clock. It wasn't too bad, I had only overslept for ten minutes. I'd just have to go a bit quicker. I guess that was hard, though. I didn't have any motivation to move. I couldn't get the thought of the fact that I was going to die out of my head.

Maybe I was being to pessimistic. What if... What if Saihara-Chan did feel the same as me? Even after all my teasing, trouble making, pestering, and me being a terrible person in general?