Worry

(This is another rlly short one)

It was late at night. Kokichi and Shuichi were sitting close on the couch. Shuichi was relaxing for the first time in a while, reading a book. Kokichi on the other hand, was checking his phone, panicked, every now and then.

Shuichi finally noticed his boyfriend's distress and thought to ask him about it. "Kokichi, are you alright?" He asked.

Kokichi sighed, "yep! I'm just fine, nishishi! Just a bit tired, if I'm being honest," he said with a fake yawn. Shuichi looked at him with a blank stare. His behavior wasn't that of someone who was 'just tired'.

"If you're tired, why don't we head upstairs?" Shuichi suggested. Kokichi nodded. As he got up from the couch, Shuichi realized just how sleepy he was as well. It was pretty late and getting to bed probably was the best idea.

Kokichi bounced off the couch, "hey, did we remember to lock the door?" He asked.

"Yes. I remember it being locked," Shuichi answered.

"We should check just to make sure," Kokichi said, nervously.

"Alright," Shuichi agreed, confused.

He went to the front door, and it was locked just how he remembered. He was confused by Kokichi's sudden request to check the door, so much so he began to worry.

"Was it locked?" Kokichi asked. Shuichi nodded, earning a sigh of relief from the other.

The two began to walk upstairs to their bedroom, complete silence filling the place.

Kokichi had gotten into bed and Shuichi soon followed after turning off the lights. They lay there, Kokichi in Shuichi's arms.

"Are the windows ever locked?" Kokichi asked quietly.

"Huh?"

"Do we ever lock the windows?" Kokichi repeated himself.

"I'm... Not sure," Shuichi answered.

"Can we check them?" Kokichi requested.

Shuichi sighed, but smiled slightly, "if it makes you feel better." Shuichi had definitely caught on to the fact that something was bothering Kokichi, and wanted to do anything to make him feel better. But, Kokichi was really starting to worry him. Why would he be so concerned with everything being locked?

The two got up and checked all the windows. Some of were already locked, and some weren't. After the two had finished, they headed back to the staircase. Shuichi started to climb up the stairs, but Kokichi stopped at the first step, "what if there's something we're forgetting about?" He asked.

Shuichi turned around, "Kokichi, what are you so worried about? You're beginning to worry me," He said.

"It's nothing... Just a little scared is all."

"Scared of what?"

Kokichi stayed silent.

Shuichi sighed and grabbed his hand, smiling he said, "c'mon, let's just go back upstairs."

Kokichi nodded, a look of fear still present on his face.

Shuichi was about to open the door to the room, when Kokichi stopped him, "I... I don't know if we should go inside."

"Kokichi. What's wrong?" Shuichi asked, more serious this time. Again he stayed silent.

Shuichi turned back around, opened the door to the room, and walked inside. There was nothing out of the ordinary inside.

Shuichi lied back down on the bed, "See, nothing to be afraid o-"

He looked back to see Kokichi being held tight by an unknown person, a knife inching closer to his neck.

"K-KOKICHI!!"

Shuichi's eyes shot open, being greeted with the ceiling of his room. His back and hands were hot and sweaty, and he could feel his eyes were pricked with tears.

He instantly turned to his side, a wave of relief washing over him as he saw Kokichi lying there. He sighed. It was just a nightmare.

He turned onto is back once again and sighed. Now being completely relaxed and very tired, he could go to sleep.

However, Shuichi had failed to notice several stab wounds to Kokichi's chest until morning.

A/N: that was meant to just be sad..... But it ended up being kinda fucking creepy. In my opinion, at least.

Also if you're confused with what the hell is going on, Kokichi was being stalked.