Its been a while

(Sorry I haven't updated in a while! I'm having major writers block, and have no idea what to write rn. This is baaddd)

~Shuichi's POV~

I was sitting home alone like I normally do this afternoon. I wasn't exactly happy as I hadn't been for the past eight months. Ever since it happened, it was hard to think I'd be happy again.

I was starting out the window thinking of nothing in particular when I got a notification on my phone. I sighed and picked up my phone, which I'd regret later.

My best friend, Kaito Momota, had texted me. I haven't talked to him, or anyone much recently, so I was surprised to see that he had texted me.

Kaito: Hey bro. You haven't gone out much since IT happened. You're really worrying me. Maki Roll and I decided to go to a party this evening. You're coming too, even if I have to drag you out of the house by your leg!

I was afraid this would happen sooner or later. I didn't want to go, but I didn't seem to have much of a choice. He was a pretty stubborn guy.

I told him that I would get ready and he took my obedience as a surprise. He said he and Maki would come pick me up later.

Time flew by quicker than I would like in this situation and I heard a knock at my door.

I got up out of my comfortable position to answer it. Kaito stood there looking happy as ever, Maki by his side, slightly smiling.

"Sup bro!" Kaito asked, widening his grin as he Pat my shoulder.

"Nothing much," I answered honestly.

"Well, are we gonna go or just sit here having a boring conversation?" Maki asked. It actually surprised me that Maki was going to be attending this party, she never seemed the type.

"Of course! Let's go then!" Kaito said over enthusiastically.

On the ride there, Kaito had bombarded with questions such as "how have you been?" "What have you been up to?" "Why don't we hang out more?" And stuff like that. I wasn't much of a conversationalist, so my answers were usually the generic one sentence ones.

We arrived, and we got out of the car. My plan was to stick by Kaito and Maki for the entirety of the event, so I wouldn't be awkwardly standing alone in the corner of the room. Well, apparently Rantaro Amami was hosting this party, so maybe some of my other old classmates would be here?

We entered the giant house. It was really nice inside, but there were TONS of people. One of my old classmates, Miu Iruma, was already drunk and on the floor.

"Wow, this is quite the-" I was gonna say, but had realized Kaito and Maki had left me. I looked around the room, but there were too many people. They were my ride home, so I couldn't leave. This must have been their plan all along, to get me out of the house to.... Socialize.

This frustrated me, but I decided to calm down and just get something to drink. I walked over to a table that had snacks and drinks set up on it. I decided just to grab a soda.

I got my drink and turned around to try and go somewhere to hide, when I saw someone I hadn't talked to in forever. Kokichi Ouma.

He immediately saw me, "S-Shuichi, is it really you???" He asked in surprise, "it's been so long!! We haven't talked in, what, eight months?" He pointed out.

"Ah Kokichi! I'm glad to see you," I smiled. Kokichi used to be my closest friend until it happened. I had cut contact with everyone for a while, even him. However, I always wish I hadn't.

"Glad to see you too, Shuichi," He smiled brightly, "good to know not everyone here hates me!" I giggled a bit. We had started to talk with each other and catch up. He still seemed to be the same lovably annoying person he was when we last spoke, which made it easy to talk to him.

Kokichi had brought up memories from the past that the two of us reminisced in. Such as when we joked about dating if Kaede had rejected me. This memory made my face go red, but we both laughed about it. It was nice getting to talk to him again.

"I've really missed you, y'know?" Ouma said, after a night of talking.

"I've... Missed you too," I admitted, "to be honest, it's really nice talking to you." I smiled, and looked to the side.

Ouma looked straight forward with a dull expression, "Then why'd you stop?"

I didn't know if I should make something up or just tell him the truth. That's when I remembered how well Ouma could catch lies and how stubborn he could be, and... He deserved to know the truth after I so rudely cut contact with him. "This is gonna sound really stupid and you're probably gonna think I'm over reacting, but... Kaede cheated on me. She meant everything to me, we had so many good memories together, I didn't think there was anything wrong, But... She left me for a dumbass avocado," I explained, "I'm sorry about how rude and inconsiderate I was... You didn't deserve that."

Ouma smiled sadly, "I... Understand how you feel."

"I know how it feels to have someone you love taken away from you"

A/N: EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW THIS IS SO BAD

EWEWEW

Sorry I haven't published anything for a week and you get THIS.

I'm having a bad case of writers block rn and have no idea what time write, soooooo if you have an idea and would be willing to bless me with inspiration, I WOULD LOVE YOU FOREVER BECAUSE I REALLY NEED IT RN XDDD

Anyway, I should probably get some sleep, I take my leave.