Roomates

(Ayee guess who's bacc. Bet you can't believe it's me hehehe. I've been having HUGE writer's block lately. Like,,, I have twelve different drafts, but couldn't come up with how to execute ANY of them. Thank you for bearing with me, though! I'll try my best to get back on top of things. Also, while I went on this mini hiatus, WE REACHED 500 FOLLOWERS. LIKE,,, OH MY GOD I NEVER EXPECTED IT TO REACH THIS HIGH!!!! I am so thankful for each and everyone of you who reads my stuff, and again I apologise for being gone for so long! But I hope you enjoy the chapter!!)

It had been a few months since Shuichi had moved into the college dormitory and started rooming with the mischievous prankster, Kokichi Ouma. The short boy could be quite annoying at times, which is what caused Shuichi's childhood friend, Kaito Momota, to hate the little liar with a burning passion. However, Shuichi had become friends with Kokichi despite mostly everyone not being very fond of him.

None of them had really taken the time to get to know Kokichi, though. To be fair, they never really had the chance as Kokichi wasn't the type to share much about himself with others. Shuichi being his roommate, however, left him vulnerable to everything Kokichi had to throw at him.

Shuichi found Kokichi's sense of humor funny, and had a secret weakness for pranks, himself. That wasn't all he liked about his roommate, though. Although hardly noticable, Kokichi would let his mask slip. He could be sweet or charming at times, genuinely so. Shuichi had been obsessed with learning a lot more about Kokichi for the longest time, being an aspiring detective, he liked the challenge.

---------------

It was 10am on a Saturday morning, and Shuichi had just barely woken up. His back felt warm, which was odd. Deciding to investigate, Shuichi turned onto his side where he was greeted by a sly, half awake grin and a mass of messy purple hair.

"Morning, Sleepyhead!" His roommate cheered.

"O-Ouma?!" Shuichi shouted, sitting up as quickly as he could, "what are you doing in my bed?!"

"Aww man, you don't remember last night? You must have been seriously wasted," Kokichi chuckled.

Shuichi blushed bright red. He knew his roommate was lying, but still, he couldn't help but react this way. "Nishishi~ just kidding, it was a lie."

"Then why-" Shuichi began.

"I woke up at 8 and got bored waiting for you to wake up. I thought this would be fun," he shrugged.

"You've been lying here for two hours?!" Shuichi asked.

"Hey! Last time I checked two hours is significantly less than eight, mister! Besides, what else was I supposed to do while you were asleep?" Kokichi asked.

Shuichi sighed, "well I dunno. Eat breakfast, watch television, study, do literally anything else. Like, how normal people start their day?"

"Y'know, a lot of people say their day starts after they've had a cup of coffee," Ouma began, "but my day begins right after I can start to ruin yours~"

(Senior Quote ^^^)

"Ruin, right..." Shuichi thought to himself, a smile tugging at his lips. Shuichi soon shook the smile off his face and began to speak, "Speaking of coffee, I need a cup. Want me to make you some, too?"

"EWW! Saihara-Chan knows how much I hate that bitter beverage!" Kokichi complained, "yeah, I'll take a cup."

Shuichi smiled and rolled his eyes, walking into the kitchen.

When making the coffee, he checked his phone.

Kaito: 3 missed calls

Shuichi had a sinking feeling equivalent to one a young teen would get if the contact name said "mom"