Fiction or Reality

(Alternative Title: Mondays really are the worst day ever)

(Also, if you don't like sad stuff or sliiiiightly scary stuff, don't read this).

(Shuichi's POV)

It was a humid and sticky summer day. I was home alone, as my parents were out of town on business. This wasn't very new to me, I was used to it.

Occasionally my uncle would come to check on me, but that only happened once or twice a week.

I lied on my bed, alone in my room. The neighborhood I lived in wasn't very big and each backyard led to the forest. There weren't many people who lived here, so it was very quite, the only thing I could hear was the loud buzzes from insects and the occasional call from a bird. It was nice.

I continued to lie in bed, unmotivated to move due to the heat. The sunlight from my window burned my eyes, so I turned onto my back and stared up at the ceiling as different thoughts ran across my mind. Somehow, my mind wandered of to a horror novel a girl at my school highly recommend I read. She was pretty strange herself.

The book was actually pretty good. I read it alone and regretfully always at night. I never really got scared from books before, but this one sure had me spooked. Thinking about it made me jump at any new noise.

My thoughts were interrupted from my phone beginning to ring. I had to pick up the motivation to open my eyes and turn around to pick it up. When I faced my phone, I saw who was calling me. Kokichi Ouma. I quickly jumped up and grabbed my phone. Kokichi was my best friend, and for some reason I was always happy to be talking to him. "H-hey!" I quickly said into the phone.

"Morning Sleepyhead!" He teased. Ouma often greeted me in the morning this way. It started because he once was barley a few inches from my face when I woke up and he said the same thing. "How's my beloved Saihara-Chan?"

"I... Wasn't even asleep," I argued.

"If I know you, you're probably still in bed," he said giggling a bit.

"Yeah, you probably are too," I brought up. "Noo," he continued, "I'm looking at you through your window."

For some reason I instantly got up at looked at the window. Nothing was there. Ouma started dying laughing at the other side of the phone, "did you really fall for that? Oh gullible Saihara-Chan, that was obviously a lie. You were right like always, I'm still in bed."

I plopped back onto my bed, blushing in embarrassment. I was so jumpy today, but had no idea why. "Don't trick me like that..."

"Aww you're no fun," he pouted. I sighed and smiled, even if he was teasing me, I enjoyed our conversations. "Well there's a reason why I called you~," Ouma continued.

"Hmm?"

"Sooo, my mother is going to visit my grandmother for three days next week, which means I'll have the house to myself. Wanna... Come over? It'll just be me and you~" He asked.

"H-huh?!" My face went completely red and my heart rate accelerated.

"Just kidding. I'm inviting Rantaro, Kaito, and Kiiboy too!" He laughed.

"Ah... Oh." I sighed. Ouma definitely was the type to plan something big as soon as his mother was away.

"Hmm, you seem disappointed!" He teased.

"Wh-what?! N-no! It's not like that!" I said instantly. I tried to change the subject. "But... Sure, I'm definitely gonna be free, what day?" I asked.

"6:00 on Monday, don't be late, Nishishi!" He laughed before hanging up the phone.

It was Friday, so it was only two days away. Knowing Ouma, he was probably planning some sort of prank. Well whatever it was I was prepared for it.