How hard is it to Confess?

Shuichi was having trouble coming up with how he was going to confess to Kokichi. He had thought of many different things to say, but he finally decided that just straight up telling him was the best option.

It was the afternoon after school, and Shuichi and Kokichi were walking home together.

"O-Ouma-Kun... There's been something I've been wanting to tell you..." Shuichi said.

"What is it Saihara-Chan?" Kokichi grinned. Shuichi blushed at his adorable smiled.

"W-well... I-I like you.." Shuichi said, his face heated up and became a light shade of red.

"Aww I like you too, Saihara-Chan! You're one of my closets friends!" He grinned.

Shuichi looked at him with confusion. Maybe he just misunderstood...  "N-no, I-I like you more th-than a friend," Shuichi blushed, looking away from Kokichi.

Kokichi cutely tilted his head to the side, and put a finger to his chin, "Nishishi, sooo like a best friend?" He grinned.

"Huh? No- n-nevermind..." Shuichi had decided he'd tell him some other time, in a way more clearer to understand.

They continued walking until they both got to where they lived.

~Time Skip to next day at school~

It was lunch period the next day. Shuichi and Kokichi were sitting alone together. They were chatting like usual, Kokichi joking around and Shuichi laughing.

Kokichi then suddenly became more serious. "Hey, I was really confused about what you said yesterday. Did you think I hated you or something?" Kokichi asked.

"Wh-what? No, of course not!" Shuichi said nervously.

"Then what was that all about?" Kokichi asked, seeming genuinely confused.

"W-well about that... Can I ask you a question?" Shuichi blushed.

"Mm hmm! Ask me anything my beloved Saihara-Chan!" Kokichi grinned.

Shuichi blushed at the nickname. He took a deep breath. What if he got rejected? No, he couldn't worry about that now. "Well, would you maybe want to go o-" Shuichi was cut off by the school speakers.

"Can Kokichi Ouma come to the office, please?"

"Oh! I totally forgot I had to get out of school early today!" Kokichi chuckled nervously. "Um, my Mom hates to wait, so can you ask me tomorrow?" Kokichi quickly began picking up his things.

"Y-yeah, sure." Shuichi frowned.

Kokichi ran down the hallway, and out of Shuichi's sight. "Uugggh!" Shuichi groaned. "Why me?"

Maki and Kaito, who had seen it all, came by to comfort him. "It's ok, Saihara! There's always tomorrow!" Kaito assured him

~The next Morning~

Shuichi walked into his classroom, and surprisingly, Kokichi was already there.

"Good morning, Saihara-Chan!" Kokichi greeted him.

"G-good morning, Ouma-Kun," Shuichi blushed.

Kokichi looked up at Shuichi and smirked, "So, let's continue from where we left off yesterday! You were gonna ask me a question?"

Shuichi took a deep breath. He could feel his heart rate increase, he just had to say and hope he could actually get the point across.

Shuichi took a breath and as quickly as possible said, "Would you like to go on a da-"

"OOOUUUUMMMMAAAA-KUUNN!!" One of Their classmates, Aoi Asahina, shouted. "Where were you yesterday?! We have a project that's due today remember? And you could only finish your part at school!" Aoi said, freaking out.

"Oh god, I totally forgot! There's still enough time before school starts to get it done, right?" Kokichi asked, nervously. "S-sorry again Saihara!"

Aoi grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the classroom.

Shuichi went to sit at his desk and banged his head against it repeatedly. "Why. Can't. I. Just. Fucking. Confess!" He said in between bangs. Maki and Kaito were in the classroom along with Miu and Kiibo.

"Damn, I guess you're always gonna be a fuckin virgin," Miu said.

"You do seem to be having terrible luck," Kiibo frowned.

~After School~

This was it. Shuichi wasn't going to let anything get in the way of confessing to Kokichi now.

Kaito had told everyone that Shuichi was going to confess. They all hid behind the bushes, stalking the two.

Shuichi and Kokichi were sitting down next to each other. "Sorry that I wasn't able to hear your question!" Kokichi apologized, "what is it you were gonna ask me?"

This was it, Shuichi was finally going to be able to confess. "Well, I've had a cru-" Then Kokichi's phone started ringing.

Kokichi groaned, then nervously looked up at Shuichi, "Sorry, this is probably impo-"

But, Shuichi had grabbed his shoulders and pulled him into a kiss.

Back in the bushes, Tsumugi started screeching, Kaito started cheering, and Maki just rolled her eyes (secretly happy for her friend).

Kokichi was frozen with shock, but slowly started kissing back. That phone call could wait.