Fiction Vs Reality (pt.2)

(A LOT of people wanted to see a part two, so here we are!)

(Shuichi's POV)

Every second since the incident, I was thankful to be alive.

I don't know how or why I was able to escape that... Thing, but I honestly don't care.

The last thing I remember is running, screaming, and pain. The rest was a blur of "how could you tell?" In an inhuman voice and "I wonder how your blood will taste."

The creature had been detained, apparently. All was safe, apparently. Was that all really true? I couldn't help but have my doubts. It killed so many people in just a few hours, would it really be kept that easily?

Word of the event had spread across the neighborhood, and the entire world for that matter, quickly.

Kiibo, Dead.

All Rantaro's Sisters, Dead.

Kaito Momota, Dead.

Kokichi Ouma... dead.

These were the victims found of the incident just a few nights ago. Some bodies, were still missing.

I hadn't felt an ounce of happiness since that day, neither had their family members.

I sat in my room alone. I stared up at the ceiling, lost in my world of thoughts. A world I'd much rather live in. A world I wished was real. A world where he... Was still alive.

My heart ached everytime I thought of him. I had realised how much I really cared for him too late. And I'd never get the chance to tell him...

I was barely motivated to do anything anymore.

School was starting tomorrow. There'd be a significant decrease of students, due to many families moving away. That included Rantaro's family, so I wouldn't have any friends starting my final year of high school.

I still hadn't gotten over the deaths of my friends... But even with that in mind, my parents would be furious if I skipped school.

Going back to school also gave me the chance to talk to the girl who gave me the novel. The horror novel that so well depicted the incident.

----------

I walked into school the next morning. Everyone was silent as I walked by. I was close with many of the victims, so of course the other students pitied me.

I could care less about the whisperer and stares, though. I was focused on talking to that girl again, and seeing if she knew more about the novel. Which... I had yet to even return.

I put my things into my new locker, and headed to home room, keeping the book with me all day.

I patiently waited for the school day to end, and club meetings to begin. I knew exactly where I could find the girl, that is, if she still lived here. That place was the school's book club.

I used to be in the club, myself, which is why she recommended me the novel. I never talked to her much, which was why I was a little bit weirded out by her request.

The bell rang, which signaled the end of the school day. The students quickly got up out of their seats and files out of the classroom, as the teacher listed instructions on homework.

Once everyone exited the room, I got up out of my seat to exit too, when the teacher stopped me. "I'm sorry... About your friends. I'm honestly surprised you came to school, as the incident only happened about a week ago."

I awkwardly looked down at the ground.

"Well... I hope you feel happier soon. Take care," The teacher said, leaving the room.