Bertayal pt.2

(I'm so sorry about how long this took!)

~Kokichi's POV~

Akamatsu pushed me down onto the ground, I didn't even try to fight back. "Psh, and to think Shuichi would have a crush on a pussy like you." She said, kicking my side. "I can't believe I thought I had something to worry about. Ha! You're just a worthless bastard."

I held my side, as she had kick it quite hard. After Saihara and Akamatsu started dating, I was sentenced by her to never speak to him again. If I didn't listen, others would pay for my actions. I don't want to be the one responsible for others getting hurt.

"What do you want?" I spat, trying to get up. She just kicked me down  again. "Don't think I didn't catch you staring at him. You still like him, don't you?"

"You're being a bit over protective, don't you think?" I said, "I did what you wanted... I cut all contact with him. He probably doesn't even care about me anymore..."

Akamatsu stood still, her angry expression, completely frozen, "..." She stayed silent.

"What more could you possibly want from me?" I asked.

Akamatsu broke from her frozen state, for some reason more infuriated than before. She quickly kicked my face and stepped on my head, "your eternal suffering." She pushed down harder, "don't you tell a single soul about this."

~Time Skip~

It had been about a month since I had last spoken to Saihara. About a month since I tried to confess my feelings to him... I had assumed that he had just forgotten about me. That he was living life normally. Those thoughts gave me no motivation to do anything anymore.

At the end of the day, I was ready to go home and do absolutely nothing. On my way out of class, however, I was stopped by someone I never thought would talk to me again. Rantaro Amami.

"Hey Ouma-Kun!" He said.

"A-Amami?!" I shouted. "It's... Been a while."

"Tell me about it," Amami said. "About that... Why'd you leave?"

I knew that he would want some kind of explanation, but this was a question I was dreading to answer. "It's a long story."

"I have time to hear it," He said, sternly.

I turned to leave, "seriously, it's stupid."

"Saihara thinks it's his fault" He shouted, I guess to try and get me to stay. "He's been beating himself up about it all month. He wants to talk to you about it, but Akamatsu says he shouldn't worry about it."

"H-huh?" Saihara thought... It was something he did?

"She... Really is a kind girl, she really cares," Amami said, "but I don't think she realizes how stressed it's making him not being able to find the truth."

I thought Sahara had just forgotten about my existence, so... This was news to me. It broke my heart to know that he blamed himself, that he thought it was his fault.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked.

"Saihara is my friend too," He answered, "I don't know why you're distancing yourself from us, but it doesn't matter. Would you talk to him... Please?"

I wanted to, I really did, but I couldn't. That didn't stop from forcing a smile, "yeah... Of course..." I lied.

~Shuichi's POV~

When Kaede and I started dating, she suggested that she teach me how to play the piano. I accepted. Although I'm still a beginner, the piano has actually helped me relive some of the stress that has been a prominent piece of my life recently.