Betrayal pt1

(Might be a little sad)

Kaede, Rantaro, Kokichi, and Shuichi were four really close friends. You could never find one without at least one of the others.

They were hanging out during lunch period, like they usually do.

"Oh, shoot!" Shuichi shouted, "I think I left a few things in my history class! I'll be right back."

"Do you want me to come with you?" Rantaro asked.

"Sure."

The two of them left to get Shuichi's things he left in class, which meant Kaede and Kokichi were alone.

Kokichi wasn't as close to Kaede as he was with Shuichi and Rantaro, but she was still really kind and easy to talk to.

"Kaede, can I tell you something?" He asked.

She smiled, "of course! You can always talk to me, Ouma," She assured him.

"W-well... I have a crush on Shuichi..." He said. The only person he could really tell this to, was Kaede. He could tell Rantaro, but was pretty sure he'd just tease him instead of help. To be fair, that's what Kokichi would do too. Kaede on the other hand, was very sweet and helpful.

She looked at him in shock for a second, then a look that could be taken as disappointment. She quickly shook it off and smiled, "Really? Aww you two would be so adorable together!!" She said. Kokichi couldn't exactly tell if she was lying, but he shook it off.

"You think so?" Kokichi asked in confusion, still trying to figure her out.

She smiled and nodded.

Then Shuichi and Rantaro came back from their trip to Shuichi's history classroom, and joined them once again.

~Kaede's POV~

I couldn't believe the words I had just heard, Ouma and Shuichi? I can't see it.

He's mine, so he needs to back off. I know it'll be selfish of me, but I need to tell Shuichi how I feel before Ouma can get to him. That's the only way I'll be able to have him, because... I think Shuichi might've fallen for him too.

Just as those thoughts were running back and fourth through my mind, Rantaro and Shuichi came back and took their seat.

"Welcome back Saihara-Chaaan!" Ouma said in a flirty tone.

"H-how many times have I told you to j-just call me Shuichi," He said, blushing. I felt envy and rage fill up within me because of his reaction. What's so special about Ouma anyway...

"Buuut, Saihara-Chan just sounds much cuter! So, it suits you!" Kokichi grinned.

Shuichi blushed, and Rantaro started laughing. I must've looked angry, because Rantaro nudged my shoulder, asking me if I was all right.

I smiled sweetly, "yup! Everything's just fine!" He smiled back as a response.

For the next few days, I had to listen to Ouma gush about Shuichi while I was coming up with a plan to confess my feelings. What I was going to do, would most certainly hurt Ouma, but I didn't care. Shuichi is worth much more to me.

"He's the only one who really puts up with me!" Kokichi explained, "he always listens, and doesn't mind my constant lies and jokes, Nishishi! He's the only one who... Really ever cared about me and agreed with me! Apart from you, Kaede. I never thought you'd really want to help me! But honestly... I'm glad!" He said, being serious with me for the first time since we met. He used to not be so popular, He would get bullied often. At the beginning it was just me, Shuichi, and Rantaro. Shuichi was the one who insisted we let Ouma hang around us, and they really were close.