|1| The Most Unlikely Angel

"That's Recovery Girl's sidekick, Seraph. I heard that she can heal as Recovery Girl does."

"Eh? But she's still a kid."

"But that doesn't stop her. Still, her face is like an angel...She's so pretty."

"Dumbass. Don't be fooled by her looks. She's actually a sadist."

"What do you mean?"

"She's not like Recovery Girl. She heals whoever she sees worth healing. She won't heal you if she doesn't like you."

"What? What kind of logic is that?"

"I don't know. I don't even know why she's a hero at such a young age."

You sighed upon hearing the upperclassmen's murmurs about you. It was completely right though. You were not exactly a sadist, but by the way, you work and heal, the name just worked itself on the gossips and unimportant tattle. You had your own reason, sure, but you cannot say it out loud and announce it just so people can understand you. You didn't need for them to understand you because it was enough if you worked behind the curtains and save people in your own way.

The entrance exam was nearing and so you were told to prepare yourself to provide assistance for your grandmother, Recovery Girl. Even though you were young, 15 years old to be exact, you were appointed by the Principal itself to work for U.A. You already graduated after advancing in your middle school, making you the youngest hero ever graduated. Although you were just support, it was a pleasure for you to work for U.A. especially that your grandmother loved the said school.

Heels were tapping on the floor as you took each step, walking confidently in the hallways before you, even if you were surrounded by countless murmurs and tales. With papers in your hands, you turned to the corner and slid the door open as you arrived at your destination and went into the infirmary. There you saw your grandmother sitting on her chair, papers in her hands.

"Here you go, Ma." You said with a smile while handing her the papers Principal Nezu gave to you.

"Thank you, dear." She said in a sweet tone, turning back to her own business. You sat on the chair of your own desk, pulling the cabinet beside you and continued on making handmade medicine that you formulated yourself. "Entrance exam is near; don't you think?" You glanced at your grandma and nodded.

"I suppose."

"That means new people here in the academy. At your age, too! Aren't you excited?"

You stared and picked one of the candy-like medicine you made before shrugging. "Not really."

~*~

With a sigh, you glanced at the sidewalk before watching the sun slowly dipping on the horizon. Your eyes softened at the sight. The day ended so fast, and it certainly made you think that time was moving too quickly.

So fast I think I couldn't catch up.

Then a sudden and loud masculine scream snapped you out of your trance. You looked at its source and saw that it was at the shore, seeing a green-headed boy—same as your age you supposed and he was wearing a matched sweatpants and jersey jacket. He was pulling a refrigerator using a rope on his own while screaming in both desperation and determination. You frowned.

Such little body and weak muscles...why is he pushing himself to do such thing?

That's foolish.

You clicked your tongue in annoyance, rolling your eyes in irritation of seeing such determined boy with baseless strength. He was obviously trying his hardest to do something that can break him, and it was making you pissed.