|55| Awake

When the two of you were done eating your meals, you went ahead and washed the dishes while Midoriya wiped them dry and clean. The two of you talked about things while doing the cleaning, all about heroes and your dreams and stuff. It was a common knowledge for you when Midoriya talked about his dream, specifically, his dream of becoming the number one hero - being like All Might, that is.

You smiled as he continued blabbering on how great All Might was, being the nerd he is, as you rinsed your hands clean. "Izuku, you've been talking about how great All Might is." You said before he looked at you with a raised brow, "Don't you want to talk about how great you will be once you achieve your dream?"

Midoriya froze as you said that. "I...I guess I didn't think that far ahead." Then he chuckled. Midoriya never imagined how he will act once he achieved his goal. Of course, it would be great, but what next? Saving people would be an obvious thing to do, but what comes after? He couldn't imagine how it would turn out if he placed himself on All Might's shoes. Being a hero is already a huge responsibility, but what about being the number one itself?

"You're a hero on your own way, Izuku. You can't expect to be someone as great like All Might." You said, tapping his head while smiling. Midoriya was shocked to hear you saying that, yet he was sad because it felt like you didn't have hopes for him. He was about to brush off the topic away when you suddenly added, "You'll be greater than him. Far more heroic than everyone will be." Then you pinched his freckled cheeks with a slight grin on your face while he winced and pouted. "I thought you were going to lose hopes on me, (Y/N)-san."

You just shrugged as you crossed your arms on your chest, with a knowing look plastered on your face. "When did I ever do that?"

"Yeah..." Midoriya muttered as he glanced at you with his face softening. "When did you ever do that..." Midoriya always wondered how you could do that...to kill his hopes then revive it as if it you were a mage. You were teasing him a bit, he knew about that too much...but then there was this thing that he never will be tired of...it was your way with words and your undying support towards him.

You looked towards the watch in the kitchen, inhaling in shock as you saw that it was almost 1 AM. "Wow...we sure took our time, huh? How about we take our own baths and sleep? You do have your own set of clothes for tonight right?"

"Well...yeah..." Midoriya muttered, scratching the back of his head as he chuckled sheepishly. "I was thinking of pulling an all-nighter? Like to watch movies together or something..." Then the green-headed male paused, pursing his lips as he fidgeted with his thumbs. "This is my first time...sleeping over someone else's house. I didn't exactly have friends when I was younger and my mom always worries...but now."

You looked at him, smiling as you sighed. "Very well then. We can watch a movie you like. It's even weekend tomorrow so doing this would be fine."

"Thank you...and sorry for the bother." You dismissed his apology with a sincere smile and light chuckle. "It's nothing. This is better than having...nightmares." Your voice lowered in volume as you said you last word, but Midoriya seemed to understand it as he gave you a worried look. He gave off a reassuring look as he placed his palm on you shoulder, softky smiling to ease your nerves. "If you're really tired and you want to rest, just say it to me...I will assist you."

You gave him a small smile just to brush off his worry. You didn't want him to worry about your problem, and you regretted that you even said your thoughts out loud.

"It's okay. Now, how about we go to the living room? What do you like to watch?"

Midoriya was still worried, but he shook all of it just so you would cheer up. "Anything other from horror."