|30| Limitations

The sports festival ended with a bang—with all the awarding ceremony and such. You even had to put a restraint on Bakugo just so he wouldn't cause a ruckus on the said event, but aside that...nothing special happened. Midoriya went to his class while you went to change your clothes so you can go home. When changing, you noticed how ripped your sleeve was, it was because of the first-aid you did on Midoriya. It made you sigh, knowing that you had to go to the support company to request another one again.

Well, I think I have spare at my house...

Then you stripped all your clothes and changed into a casual one, normal (f/c) shirt and a pair of jeans and matching converse. Your phone suddenly rang in life and it made you squeak in sudden shock. Then you checked the caller ID and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Ah, Shuzenji-san... Do you remember me? Tsukauchi from the Police Department?"

Interest was piquing, you slowly nodded and hummed in agreement. "Yes, I remember." Then you paused, narrowing your eyes in slight suspicion and excitement. "Wait, are we...?"

He chuckled on the other line. "Indeed. I was going to assign you on a mission and perhaps have it implemented by next week?"

You grinned, excitement rushing to you while you put away your damaged costume. "Yeah, I can do that. The students are going to have an internship so..."

"Good! I'll have the target mailed to you by tomorrow, so you can review it and analyze how you'll move. The intel is still limited, we can't guarantee that the information will be accurate...so be careful."

You chuckled, crossing your arms as you leaned your back on the locker with a raised brow. "I'm still a kid, but I didn't get my pro-hero license with doing things like it's easy-peasy. But I shall heed your warning, so thank you very much."

The man on the other line laughed and mused, "You're such a brat. Anyway, we can discuss further info's at the mail, just read it carefully and it shall help you. Thank you, Shuzenji-san. I shall see you later."

You nodded and ended the call, heaving a deep breath and you went out of the room with a small smile.

Fucking finally, a real hero job.

You finally noticed that the school was already empty and so you took the opportunity to go to the entrance to go home with Midoriya. You spotted the green-headed male patiently waiting for you, with his arms gauzed and torso bandaged. His P.E. shirt was draped on his shoulders, and his gaze was blank as if he was deep in thought.

Midoriya soon noticed your presence as you walked closer to him, he waved his free hand and smiled at you. You walked towards him and smiled, gesturing for the both of you to walk home. Then the two of you started strolling out of the school grounds, slowly and peacefully. "Sorry for making you wait. How long were you waiting?" You asked, perhaps to start a conversation between the two of you since it was quite quiet and it seemed that Midoriya was still in a daze.

"Not too long, (Y/N)-san. I was passing the time by...thinking."

You hummed, slowly nodding in understanding. "I see... Penny for your thoughts?" You asked, slightly tilting your head towards him while he gave you a lopsided smile, cheeks were flushed and eyes were filled with nervousness. "You can give m-me your hand...for m-my thoughts..."

You chuckled, holding his hand, gently enough so he wouldn't be hurt. He sighed in relief, slightly squeezing your hand as he found comfort in holding it. Your presence was the thing he always liked, it was as if being by your side always tells him that everything's going to be fine. It was such a huge feeling yet he doesn't feel it like it's a burden.