|13| Under the Night Sky

You came to a halt as he suddenly asked that, heat was rising up on your cheeks and heart was drumming furiously against your chest. Midoriya gave you a confused look as you bowed, your hair was covering your blushing face.

Midoriya blinked as tried to look at your face, lowering his head down and took a peek at your flushed face. "(Y/N)-san?" You inhaled sharply through your nose as you lifted your head, your body stiffening at the sight of him peeking at your face.

W-what s-should I tell him?!

"U-Uh..." You averted your gaze away from him, still blushing as the memories earlier flashed back to you. God, it was so embarrassing for you. If he ever knew what really happen, Pete knows that everything will be probably fucked up. Plus, you don't know how it will be so awkward and cringey if he ever knew about it.

No matter what people said to you about being calm, it was still a kiss. Your first kiss ever, in fact. No girl will be ever calm on giving your secret kiss to a boy. And especially that it was him.

So you took in a deep breath and turned to him, furrowing your eyebrows in seriousness. "Seaweed..."

He blinked, giving you a puzzled look and nodded in gesture for you to continue. Once again, you took a deep breath, squeezing his hand back.

"It's a secret."

Midoriya's confused look suddenly fell into a blank look, mouth was slight agape and eyes were looking at you as if you had said something ridiculous.

Which you really did.

You looked your side, eyes were panicking and almost dead because of the situation, frantically and rapidly coming up with a reason to support your statement.

Damn it, this is like finding gold in the trash.

"I-It's a hero secret! Yeah! A hero secret! Like some sort of a secret super power. Only pro heroes know about this so...I can't tell."

Sweat rolled down your temple and you held back your guilt inside you, along with the regret and suffering of embarrassment burning through your chest.

"Ohh!" Midoriya awed in amusement and began to mumble things such as hero secrets and things about theories about heroes under his breath.

You sighed in relief, frowning as you looked to the side with slight guilt written all over your face.

Sorry, Midoriya. But that incident must be kept and hidden for a while. For a really long while.

Then you turned to him as he opened the doors to exit the hospital, still holding your hand. "Hey, Midoriya."

He stopped mumbling, turning to you with a smile. With his soft voice, he tilted his head and asked, "What is it?"

You bit your lip, casting your glance down the ground as the both of you continued to walk. "Earlier...when you jumped just to defend me... why did you do that?"

He looked at you with surprise and worry, then he stopped walking causing for you to do the same. When you turned to him, you saw him with a really sad face. The corners of his lips were pulled into a thin line, eyes were downcast and full of sorrow, hand was squeezing yours so gently as if he didn't want to let you go, nor break you at the same time.

"I don't want to lose you."

Your heart skipped a beat as he muttered those words. Of all the noises in the busy city, his low and soft voice was the one that stood out the most. It was quiet and barely audible, but he conveyed it with such emotion that seemed to be given to you and only you.