|56| Dreams

Down, down, down and down you fell.

It wasn't a hole nor a trap - but a feeling that you never thought you would feel in your life. The warmth and the comfort that he brought as he wrapped his arms around your figure was tender and soothing, as if protecting you from the nightmares you have...

...he will always be your knight.

As his chest fell and rose in rhythm, you pressed your lips on his freckled cheeks, as if kissing the stars and the constellations he have. You raised you hand and combed your fingers through his fluffy hair, silently chuckling to yourself because of his cuteness as he drooled a little bit as he sleep. Then he snuggled closer, if that was even possible, before muttering something under his breath.

You frowned as you heard his inaudible soft mumble, leaning closer with hope for him to repeat what he just said. Then he sighed softly, smiling. "(Y/N)-san...stay forever by my side."

You unconsciously became flustered as you heard his soft whisper and when you saw his sleepy smile. He sounded so...confident yet so ambitious. "Damn it, Izuku..." You cursed under your breath as you tried to hide your face on the crook of Midoriya's neck. "What are you dreaming about...?"

You knew that you didn't had to ask what he was dreaming about, especially when you just heard your name in his sleep. He once said before that he dreamt of you, back at the entrance examinations.

Now that you've thought of it, it wasn't actually that long since you've met. Many things already happened and here you are...embracing Midoriya.

Anyone who haven't seen your story might be confused on how you got along in such a short time. You were a teacher, he was a student. You were a pro hero, he wasn't. But even if that was the case...he was still your only knight in shining armor.

It seemed repetitive, that thought, but you can't just brush it off. It was Midoriya who said that after all.

Your train of thoughts were soon cut short when you felt Midoriya shuffle. He unwrapped his hands around you, sitting up straight before yawning as he rubbed his eyes with his fisted hand. You admit, it felt a little cold when Midoriya let go of you. But as much as you wanted to have a lovey-dovey moment, you knew that you two should move forward with your life. Time waits for no one after all.

You smiled softly at the green headed male. "Good morning Midoriya."

He stared at you with half-lidded eyes, blinking twice before letting his head fall to you, his freckled cheek were resting on your chest. "Still...sleepy."

You were taken aback by his sudden action but you just chuckled and patted his head. "I didn't know that you are this hard to wake."

He just groaned in response before lifting his head, an awfully obvious drool on his lips. "Am I...dreaming of you again?"

You just gave off a smile. "No. It's real."

Midoriya just stared at you, blankly as if he was still out of daze. "Thank goodness." Then he paused before leaning to rest his head on your shoulder. His hair tickled your cheek but you didn't mind.

"Izu-"

"I was afraid of waking up to a reality where I didn't met you...I am always afraid of waking up to sudden realization that you didn't exist. I am always afraid...to suddenly wake up without a memory of you. I am always afraid..." Then he wrapped his arms round you waist, pulling you closer. "...that this was just a dream."

You sighed and tapped his shoulder to get his attention. "Look at me, Izuku."

He leaned back and looked at you, while you smiled softly and kissed him on the lips. He was surprised, but when you were about to seperate, he gently combed his fingers through your hair and pulled you closer. Midoriya deepened the kiss, gently and full of care. He treated your lips as if it was a delicate blossom that wasn't meant to be tainted...