|2| Nice to Meet You Again

"...and so ends our meeting regarding the entrance exam." The principal placed the papers down, while you sighed and closed the folder that was given to you.

"Ms. (Y/N), you're going to take care of those lightly wounded while Ms. Chiyo heals the heavily injured. Is that clear?" You gave the Principal a brief nod and he clapped his paws in a gesture to end the meeting, chuckling. "That's it for now then. Dismissed."

You stood up, scooping the folder with you and walked out of the conference room with your grandmother. She noticed your unusual silence, raising a brow as she tapped your back to get your attention.

"What's wrong, (Y/N)?" You blinked as you snapped out of reality, turning to your grandmother with a blank gaze. With a shake of the head, you dismissed the idea while bringing your gaze down to the floor.

"Just thinking...of some things."

She hummed in curiosity, gesturing for you to spill your thoughts. You brought your eyes back in front of you and muttered quietly. "Why are people letting their unreasonable resolve drive them to the edge?"

Chiyo sighed, worriedly looking at you as your (H/C) strands covered your expression. "Is this about your parents, (Y/N)?"

You cast your gaze down to the floor, slightly trembling and hands tightly clenched into a fist until it turned white. "Maybe yes...maybe no."

Why did I make that promise in the first place? Why am I still keeping it anyway?

~*~

Finally, it was the day of the entrance exams. You were stationed in the infirmary near the battle center with your grandmother, and before you were the screen that showed the participants.

As usual, there were thousands of participants in the entrance exam but you knew that the school was only going to pick very few from them.

Yawning, you put your head on your folded arms and continued to watch. You swung your legs in hope to cease the boredom that you were feeling right now, trying to move a part of your body to avoid dozing off.

If boredom can be sold, you'd be a millionaire.

"There are plenty of candidates, don't you think, (y/n)?" You hummed in agreement as you fixed your gaze towards the screen. "Yeah...many of them can be a great hero for sure."

Then all of a sudden, you caught sight of a familiar green and curly hair, that same green hair you saw back at the shore. You furrowed your brows, blinking a few times before squinting your eyes and leaned closer towards the screen to see it clearer.

It is him.

You leaned back to your chair, exhaling as you crossed your arms while watching the boy intently. He was clearly getting no points. You observed his antics of aimlessly running around the ground, panic-stricken and troubled of what he must do.

Your grandmother noticed the sudden change of your mood with the vibes surrounding you, and she let out an amused chuckle because of it. She turned to the screen, pointing Midoriya.

"Are you interested in him, (Y/N)? That boy with the green hair?" You inhaled, realizing that your attention was once again taken by the same guy you found at the beach. With a quick shake of your head, you looked at your grandmother in slight disapproval and denial.

"I'm not! I just..." Your words trailed into a soft murmur, slowly lowering in volume.

Then you glanced back at the screen and pursed your lips while furrowing your brows in discomfort. "I met him at the beach a few days ago. Almost fainting due to exhaustion. He simply...is reckless. I don't like it."