|36| Do Your Best

Time flew by so fast, it was already Thursday. Nothing unusual happened—even slipping messages to each other during class became a normal thing for the both of you. It was something that was always happening on daily basis, even holding hands during lunch and under the table. It was a small thing that you shared, but for Midoriya, it was enough. The both of you sometimes go home together, though Midoriya goes with Uraraka and Iida, along with Todoroki and Asui at times to prevent suspicion.

You checked quiz papers on your desk when your phone rang, causing for your attention to turn to it. You checked the caller I.D., seeing that it was the police, Tsukauchi Naomasa. With a raised brow, you picked up the phone and answered the call.

"Detective, how's it going?" You asked, curiosity was laced in your tone as you leaned your back to the chair and placed your pen down on the desk.

"Thank god, I contacted you easily. Weren't you in class?"

"Well, my class ended a long time ago so..."

The officer sighed in relief at the other line. "Good, good. I'm sorry to say this but...can you do the mission this night?"

You inhaled in surprise, taken aback by the sudden urgency the police had declared. It was supposed to be next week, scheduled with the student's internship but it seems that you were wrong. Narrowing your eyes in thought and curiosity, you replied, "Why...all of a sudden?"

"Was this a wrong time? It's just that...our intel has received an information. The transaction will be taking place at the Camino Ward, this evening. We need your help as soon as possible. I'm sorry, but I cannot have this chance to be wasted. We really need you, Shuzenji-san."

You pursed your lips and frowned, nodding slowly before answering, "All right. I'll go."

"Okay...thank you. I shall go now. You can go to our office for debriefing and we will give you more information that we got from our intel. See you later, Shuzenji-san."

"Yeah. See ya."

The phone call ended and so you sighed. It was your first mission after years of being stuck in here. Of course, you were training and sparring with Aizawa or Yamada during weekends so you still got your own moves. Since the USJ attack, you've been training after school—whenever you got the time. But still, confronting a real villain is still hard...but you chose to push yourself in it anyway.

With a deep breath, you continued on what you were doing before, silent and deep in thought.

The school was finally over, and so you went to see Aizawa in his classroom. While waiting for him, you played with the hem of your white coat, your back was leaning on the wall. Then the door suddenly slid open, revealing the black-headed teacher. Aizawa thankfully noticed you, and so he turned to you with a raised eyebrow. "What's up?"

"I'll probably go home late today. Could you take care of the food for me?"

Aizawa hummed, eyeing you as he snorted. "Why?"

You sighed, running your fingers through your hair. "Mission had arrived earlier than I expected. I need to go this night." The tired-looking male narrowed his eyes as he stuffed his hands on his pockets and huffed. "This is a solo-mission right?"

You nodded. "Well, yeah...It's a first, but it's probably fine."

Aizawa placed his palm over your head before messing it. "The shitty loud-mouth and I can get fast food. You go and do well on your mission. If you don't, we'll do the training three-times harder than it was before."

You chuckled, playfully hitting his chest as you smiled lightly. "Let's do it."

Then he tipped his chin to you before averting his gaze towards the door before turning his back. "You should probably tell that to that little friend of yours. He might get a little worried about you." He uttered nonchalantly, giving you're a sideways glance before walking to leave.