|60| Summer Expectations

"Fireworks festival, huh..." You mumbled to yourself while grading your students' tests and quizzes. Summer was already near and the exams ended. You knew that summer was a time for memories to be born, but since Nezu implemented the Training Camp, the summer isn't longer than you thought it would be.

Of course, you wanted to go to dates with Midoriya, or even come with Uraraka and the others to hang out, but since you were accompanying Aizawa and the others for the Training Camp, there were no dates nor hanging out that would happen.

But the Fireworks Festival was the exception.

It was days away from the Training Camp, and it's at night. You don't have the work at night and probably Aizawa and Yamada will be out for their missions. You were on your day-off from your hero duty because of what happened the other day, and now, your plans were cleared.

Sure, there was going to be more work as Training Camp approaches, but you always manage to get the paperwork done especially at night. Not that you loved doing them, you were actually bored to the bone - but there was no other choice but to do it.

And so, you gave yourself some slack.

You knew for yourself that you have been spoiling yourself, especially about Midoriya, who was spoiling you too. But these days...you can't help but give it to yourself. Many things have been happening lately and you were so thankful because everyone was there for you. Midoriya even came to your house and stayed there just so you wouldn't be all alone.

Remembering what happened, you suddenly blushed when Midoriya took you aback with his sudden possessiveness. When he kissed you that way back then, you were shocked. It wasn't like him to be...like that, but you couldn't just ignore the fact that Midoriya is a guy too.

A guy that does this and that.

It's true that you've been dating for a while now, and as time goes on, you started to feel completely comfortable around him.

"I don't want to regret anything anymore. I'm not regretting what I've done and I wanted it. I want you for myself. Maybe this is selfish but I..."

"That's what he said...and I..." Your words trailed into a soft murmur. You blushed harder at the words that echoed back in your mind. You sighed, burying your cheeks within your arms as if to hide your embarrassment from nothing. "...I really don't mind. In fact, I want it too, goddamnit." You mumbled and groaned in frustration.

Your phone suddenly rang which caused you to suddenly flinch in shock, and when you saw who was calling you, you answered immediately.

"Hello, Uraraka?"

"Good evening, (Y/N)-chan!" Uraraka exclaimed from the other side of the line, making you smile.

"What's up?" You asked, sitting up straight while fiddling with your pen.

"Did you know about the upcoming Fireworks display? I was thinking if we can come together?"

You chuckled and leaned back to your seat. It was good timing, you were just thinking about that matter after all. "Yeah, I would love to come with you guys." You said with a nod even if Uraraka can't see you.

"Alright! I already informed Iida-kun and the others. We agreed on meeting at the square at 5:30 PM. The festival will be crowded for sure, so we wanted to come a little bit earlier so we can save a spot when the fireworks display starts. Are you okay with that?"

"Sure. It'll be fine." You agreed and closed your eyes, trying to imagine what would happen if the boys came. "I kinda want to see them in yukata." Uraraka laughed with you from the other line before humming in thought.