|62| Fireworks: Part 2

"This is really delicious!" You exclaimed as you looked at the candy apple that was given to you by Midoriya. He was being very sweet today like the usual, but you knew that today was a special day.

"Really?" Midoriya asked to you with a bright smiled, his hands were hidden within his sleeves. You nodded enthusiastically and licked your lip.

To your surprise, he leaned and took a bite on your candy apple. You were dumbfounded in your position, staring at Midoriya who was currently close to you, close enough that his breath fanning your cheeks.

"Yeah. This is really sweet." He mumbled and smiled at you, still keeping the close distance as if to tease you. You were confused when he took his mask off and you soon realized what he was going to do when he leveled it near your faces. He covered your faces from nearby people before he leaned and captured your lips. It was brief but sweet. You could taste the sweetness in his lips, like that candy apple he just bit on.

He leaned back before smiling with a slight blush. "This is sweet too." You blushed at his sudden actions, before covering yourself face with your own mask. You could hear Midoriya chuckle, and that you made blush harder since you realized that he just succeed on teasing you.

Well, you weren't sure now if it was good if Midoriya didn't hesitate on his actions anymore.

It wasn't bad, but it was surely taking you by surprise. He always had this element of being unpredictable and it was one of the reasons why you love him. You thought that you can't fall deeper than you are now, but these fireworks festival was defying your expectations in a great way.

"Come on, (Y/N)-san. We haven't visited most of the game booths yet."

You silently nodded and saw that Midoriya was offering his hand to you. You chuckled and took it before the two of you went on your way.

"Woah! A Goldfish Scooping Booth! I wanna play that!" You squealed like a child before running towards the booth. Midoriya followed you before getting his wallet to pay for you. "One game please." The salesman gave you a net-like spoon and a small bucket. Midoriya sat beside you and watched you while you were concentrating on where and when to scoop. When you felt that it was the time, you rapidly scooped a goldfish out of the water and immediately put it in the bucket. "Yeah! I caught one!" You childishly cheered before smiling towards Midoriya. He just laughed and brushed your hair away from your face.

"Good job, (Y/N)-san." He said with a small smile, his fingers were still softly brushing your (h/c)  strands.

You tried to catch one once again, but you lost your focus because of Midoriya. He was definitely being...more appealing and gentler than he was before, and you can't help but feel flustered. This might be a new experience for you, but you liked it.

Midoriya on another hand was smiling so much that he almost cannot keep his hands off you. You were being childish and adorable, and it irritates him because you might be feeling the same way when he does childish things to you. Acting like this was new for him, and he still had to learn a lot, but reading those shoujo mangas for research wasn't that bad at all.

And yes...he did all that just for this day.

As soon as the man on the booth gave you the goldfish, you two went to play some more games. You went to the Ring Toss booth, Toy Scooping booth, Yo-Yo Scooping, and Senbonhiki. You won some prizes, but you were actually hopeless on some games, even with Midoriya's help.

You were sitting on the bench just next to the Takoyaki stall, waiting for Midoriya to come. You put your mask on just in case someone familiar comes and passes by. You looked up to the sky that was dotted by stars. It was a bright night and the sky was very clear to the point that the stars scattered like glitters. You smiled at the view, it was peaceful and serene.