|39| Realization

Grief.

Fear.

Worry.

All of that was overwhelming in his soul as Uraraka contacted him in the middle of the night, telling him something he really feared would happen.

"Iida-kun said to me...that (Y/N)-chan is now confined to a hospital. She's taken to the hospital where Aizawa-sensei was last taken..."

He huffed as he put his red shoes on, while Inko looked at her son worriedly, palm was placed over her chest and gaze was sad and worried. "Take care, Izuku. Call me if you already arrived, okay?"

Izuku gave his mother a firm nod before taking off, running to the hospital where he supposed you were taken.

He was huffing when he arrived, and he rapidly went to the reception--frantic and panicked because of worry. He wanted to see if you were fine, he wanted to see you so badly...

His heart raced as the nurse gave him the room number and with a slight bow of his head, he thanked the receptionist and went to the said room in a dash. On the way there, he saw his teachers, Aizawa, Yamada and even All Might, sitting on the benches as if waiting for something.

All Might saw the green-headed male which caused him to raise a brow. He soon approached the said boy with a frown, blue eyes were confused and puzzled. "What are you doing here, young Midoriya?"

Midoriya gave the number 1 hero a worried glance, before looking up to the glowing red sign of the emergency room. His face scrunched into worry and fear of having his girl be in severe danger. "I-Is she okay...?"

"She's still in a middle of the surgery," Aizawa said in such monotone voice, his eyes were glued to the floor as if refusing to gaze towards the said young lad. "She had some major injuries...like some of her ribs are broken, she also had some internal bleeding in her guts and her left arm...it's burnt, 3rd degree burn."

Midoriya's eyes widened as he heard those words, tears were brimming in his eyes as he clenched his fists. Aizawa brought his gaze at Midoriya who was trying to stop his tears from falling. "You have something for (Y/N), don't you?" Aizawa stated as he stood up, while All Might's eyes widened in shock, causing for him to turn to the green-headed male. With a look filled with disbelief in shock, All Might frowned and looked down to Midoriya. "Is this true...?"

Midoriya stayed silent, bowing down with his hair shadowing over his expression so his face was unreadable. Aizawa approached him with his hands stuffed in his pockets, gaze down to Midoriya was poker and plain, but Midoriya knew that he will scold him. But Midoriya was surprised when he felt Aizawa put his palm over his shoulder. He looked up to see him, shocked to see him in such an expression he had never seen on Aizawa before. For a second, he felt like he was seeing another part of his teacher as he saw him frown in worry, his hand was slightly gripping his shoulder.

"If you do... Take care of her. She's more fragile than you think she is..." Aizawa said in such a quiet tone, as if settling the serious yet sorrowful ambiance in the air...yet, he was granting him a permission to be with you.

"If she chose you, I think it's for a good reason...and I don't want to see you breaking that reason—is that clear?" Midoriya swallowed as his stern voice suddenly rang on his ears, a warning that if he hurt her or let her go...it was over.

Somehow, Midoriya understood why. You were something that is meant to be cherished and handled carefully, no matter how fierce and strong you look...you were still a normal human, a teenager. All your life, you have grown accustomed to the life of grown-ups when you shouldn't have to. You didn't even have the best high school of your life, and being able to carry such responsibility, he knew that you needed someone to lean on. Now that he had you, he needed to understand that it's not all about him having you, that it was also you having him. The two of you were together now, and Midoriya didn't want to make you feel that he was being unfair. As much as possible, he wanted to be with you—so he could be there whenever you need him.