|43| Fears and Tears

It was already the third day of the internship and everything was pretty much normal. You were sent to a different police station with your intern just to be the back-up, and for those days, you were with Aizawa. Even for this day, he insisted to watch over you and you had no intention to say no since it would be quite convenient to have him by your side. Your arm injury was slowly healing too, and the wounds on it were closing. Still, it was wrapped in a bandage, just to avoid further infection, especially that you were engaging with different villains in a different situation.

This time, you just finished patrolling around the area, so you were just talking to Tichuyo about rescues—reminding yourself all of the lessons that you learned from Thirteen. "It is also important if you use your Quirk when rescuing someone. Like for example, destroying debris that might be trapping an individual—anything solid that might be hurting a civilian. In this way, you can lend a hand and minimize the risk of further injury. Is that clear...?" Tichuyo hummed before nodding, writing down notes as she mumbled against her breath.

"This is a helpful advice! Thank you very much!"

You just smiled and nodded to her, crossing your arms as you continued to walk. "No problem. And also, you might want to upgrade your hero costume. Mobility and speed are required for us rescuers. We can't be slow since being a hero means acting right on the scene no matter what happens. Since injuries have a probability to get worse than it already is, we need to move quickly and remove the victim out of trouble. Rescuing means more than you think it is."

Tichuyo gave you a cheery nod, her eyes sparkling in glee as she looked at you. "You're an awesome hero! Actually, you're a pretty good person too." You stretched your arms as the two of you walked back to the police station you were stationed in, yawning a bit because of exhaustion. The sun was already out and the sky was clear with stars, meaning that the day was going to end and you can finally rest and sleep.

"Yeah. A good person that always does shitty pranks on me—even stealing my food...A good person right there indeed. Oh, I forgot to say that she kindly forgot to cook us a meal for dinner and left us starving."

You threw a glare at Aizawa who was walking lazily with you, his mouth was buried within the cloth that was resting around his neck. He just blankly looked at you as if he hadn't just said something bad about you. He was still being the same Aizawa he was even though he was annoyed at watching over you. You knew and you felt that he just wants to sleep all his tiredness and exhaustion away but since you were out here—fighting with an inexperienced intern, he couldn't just leave you like that. He was worried after all—being a softie and a caring person he is. He doesn't seem like it, but he just does his things and express his care in his own way.

Tichuyo laughed softly as she watched the two of you teasing each other. "It's really amusing to see you guys going on like that. You're acting like you two are siblings."

You clicked your tongue in slightly but playful irritation, crossing your arms with a huff. "I would die rather than to take him as my sibling."

"Mutual feelings brat." Aizawa scoffed.

Then all of you fell into silence, the heavy quiet atmosphere of saying those to each other made Tichuyo unable to speak. She didn't know if it was a joke, especially with your tone and voices that seemed serious, but Aizawa just snorted while you smirked. "I was joking."

You snickered, playfully punching his arm. "I was too."

Tichuyo's worried look melted into a smile as she beamed at the both of you, giggling before enthusiastically raising her hand. "Let's go and get some food, I'm starving!"

The three of you walked down the sidewalk, casually talking to each other when a sudden news on the TV that was displayed in the store caught your attention. You narrowed your eyes as you saw it, stopping from walking to watch the said news.