|17| Unfolded White Lies

The four of you were already on the way back to your house to have some dinner. You were already boarded on the train as you chatted and laughed along the conversation sparking up between the four you.

"Then Iida-kun gasped in surprise because he saw that mascot beside him! Like the mascot really popped out of nowhere!"

You and Midoriya laughed at Uraraka's stories while Iida smiled and turned to you. "How about you, (Y/N)-san...what were your experience with Midoriya?"

You chuckled. "Midoriya and I went to this room called Jelly Maze. It was really dark and hard to see since the jellyfish itself were the light around the room. It came to the point that Midoriya bumped into a mirror, completely walking towards it."

Uraraka laughed while Midoriya slightly pouted, turning to you. "I didn't notice that it was a mirror, I swear."

Playfully rolling your eyes, you raised a brow and crossed your arms, looking at him in disbelief. "Really? Because I did. Maybe you were distracted."

"Yeah, I was...b-by you...?"

As if you choked on your own breath, you coughed so hard along with your cheeks turning red. Midoriya frantically asked if you were okay, which you responded with a yes to calm him down.

Damn it, Midoriya. Sometimes you're too amazing that you don't even know you're affecting me.

Uraraka snickered under her breath, her look was mischievous as she asked. "Ne, (Y/N)-chan. If ever Deku-kun asked you out...what would you do?"

You wanted to choke again, but that would be an exaggeration and overreacting so you just took a deep breath and said to Uraraka. "That's really bold of you to ask that."

Uraraka just shrugged, smiling towards you. Beside you, Midoriya was fumbling with the button of his own coat, looking at it as if he had suddenly taken interest at it. He wanted to know what was your answer, badly.

You sighed in defeat. "Well, I wouldn't say no. Midoriya is an amazing person, but I don't think he deserves a person like me. He can be with someone better than I am."

"Someone isn't better than you!" Midoriya interjected all of a sudden, "You're the only (Y/N) I know, and whoever that someone is, I don't think that they exist."

You were surprised at how fast Midoriya protested on your words. His statement was as if he was stating what he felt because of his words felt...sentimental. You didn't know what to say, although Iida raised his hands.

"Does that mean that you're saying that you will not choose another person other than (Y/N)-san?"

The three of you froze at Iida's conclusion, Uraraka almost bursting into a fit of laughter along with weird squealing sounds. But she chose to keep it all in since all of you were in a train causing for her to sound like she was snorting with her head bowed and shoulder shaking in kept laughter.

Midoriya practically shrinks on his seat, covering his red face with his hands, embarrassed. You let out a shaky breath as you become red, and thank Pete, the train has already stopped at your destination.

The four of you exited the train, Midoriya and you were still awkward when you suddenly heard a scream from a distance. You suddenly became alerted, seeing a woman pointing to someone that was running. "He stole my bag!"

"(Y/N)-san?" Midoriya asked while you turned to him with your usual stern look as you said. "Call the police and stay here." You looked around, seeing no hero around so you spring into action, running after the thief.