|42| Midnight Calls

You looked at the two men before you, slightly sweat-dropping at the vibes they were emitting. Aizawa was deadly silent but his eyes were sharp on Yamada. Yamada's gaze was away from the said male—posture was straight as if a soldier in front of a commander. You were in the middle of them, watching the two in worry.

"You guys...it's really my fault alright...? No need to fight." You tried to reason while raising your hands in surrender, perhaps in an attempt to calm them down, but Aizawa just shot you a look, causing for you to hitch a breath. He was really unhappy with knowing that you bled in the middle of rescuing someone. And you even risked yourself by jumping just to catch the said victim! It was reckless, you knew...it wasn't like you to be that reckless. I guess being with Midoriya has its own perks and influences.

I just wanted to save that poor victim.

Aizawa then turned his eyes back to Yamada, still glaring before clicking his tongue in irritation. "You were supposed to take care of her."

"I was! She just needs to save that civilian and I wasn't there to help since I was fighting!"

Aizawa snorted. "Whatever." He rolled his eyes, before turning his back, putting himself on his sleeping bag. "We'll stop your internship, (Y/N)."

You gasped in disbelief, eyebrows were furrowed as you looked at the raven-headed male. "You will not!"

"I will."

Yamada sighed. He admitted to himself that it was his fault but it was unfair if your internship suddenly stops. This was your first time having an intern after all, and it would be a waste if Aizawa just stops it. "Come on now, Aizawa. Her intern needs her...what'll her intern do if (Y/N) stops her internship?"

Aizawa stared at the blonde and zipped his sleeping bag before sighing deeply. He pinched the bridge of his nose as if he was stressed, but he just glared at the two of you. "You pair of brats..." He growled under his breath and then he let himself fall down to the floor while the two of you just watched him, waiting for his response.

"Fine. I'll watch over (Y/N) all day. No objections." Then he crawled his way out of the living room like a caterpillar.

Yamada and you sighed in relief as Aizawa decided that. He was sometimes like that...acting like an overprotective father. That personality of his became stronger started when you were discharged from the hospital. You didn't know why, but Yamada understood. Aizawa was a softie but despite this, he can be stubborn at times, just to protect the one he cares for. Yamada felt that way towards you too, so he was really feeling guilty about having you bleed in the middle of the job. You were just supposed to rescue someone but he didn't take the dangers of rescuing someone into consideration.

Yamada sighed once again, turning to you with a small huff, hands were folded on his chest. "You should rest. Go to your bedroom so you can be ready tomorrow."

You slowly nodded, averting your eyes towards Yamada. "I will...Thank you for being here with me, Yamada." He just let out a breath as he messed your hair before walking out of the living room. With your phone in your hand, you walked towards your bedroom to finally settle yourself down. Thankfully, you were done on doing your night rituals and you were ready to fall asleep. You closed the doors before stopping, debating whether to stay up or to sleep. In the end, you decided to stay up, so you went to get a book to read before plopping yourself on the mattress. You opened your book and read for a few minutes, not noticing how the time goes by when your phone rang into life, causing for you to turn to it.

You raised an eyebrow at your phone. Who would call you in the middle of the night? Humming thoughtfully, you looked at the clock—it was already near midnight. Then you picked your phone up and checked the caller ID, seeing that it was just Midoriya. With a smile, you answered the call and closed the book you were reading.