|51| Own Burden, Own Fight

"Sorry, Izuku..." You apologized as you pursed your lips while looking at your closet, "I'll be away for this whole day because of something...urgent. If ever something happens there, I'll try to come, just contact me immediately."

Izuku smiled, although he knew that you can't probably see him. "It's okay, (Y/N)-san. I'll do my best at the finals exam so you can relax and go on your trip. I mean, I don't want to be the one who holds you back, especially that it's related to your work. It couldn't be helped, right?"

You sighed. "Yeah. I'm so sorry."

There was a short pause after you said that, while Midoriya hummed and shook his head. "It's really fine. I'll pass this, I swear. I'll pass this and be a hero so you wouldn't take those jobs alone. Trust me, (Y/N)-san. I'll pass this test no matter what."

Even if you were worried, you can't help the smile that was making its way up into your lips. You sighed in relief, nodding slightly as you grabbed a piece of clothing from your closet. "I trust you. Do your best, I'll be cheering for you okay?"

"I know you will. I'll be going now, (Y/N)-san. Have a nice trip. Bye."

"Yeah. Bye." Then you ended the call. Letting out a heavy breath, you closed the closet door and leaned your forehead against it, thoughts were evading your mind.

You didn't tell Midoriya that you were going to see the detective, Tsukauchi for something that's relatively close to your last incident...and you meant last...meaning that mission where you saw Himikura Kai.

You shook your head—perhaps to shake off the distress and anxiety that were crawling its way up to your chest. It was heavy, but this was your burden that you meant to face and heave alone. You can't afford to have Midoriya be involved at your situation—it was too dangerous because he could be targeted by those villains...you don't want him to face that kind of problem, especially that him being a student is a huge responsibility too.

You changed into your outfit; a pair of ripped jeans and (f/c) acid-wash shirt. Over it was your black leather jacket that matches with your black converse shoes. You let your hair fall down while you combed it before grabbing your bag then headed for the door. You went out of the building and walked your way towards the police station that was a few minutes away from your building. When you went in, you went to the reception and asked for the detective and it instructed you to go to the 3rd floor. You went to the said floor using the elevator and while you're waiting for it to stop, you let your mind wander around the lingering thoughts about what this was all about.

Before you could even come to your conclusion, the elevator dinged and so you went out of the said ride before going to the room you were told to go to.

You finally arrived at the front of the door. Taking a deep breath, you lifted your fist and knocked at the door three times before someone answered from the other side of the door. "Come in."

You complied and you came in the said room, opening the door and excused yourself before fully entering the room and there you saw the detective standing with a bunch of papers in his hands, eyes were glued towards it. You closed the door behind you and stood still when Tsukauchi raised his head to see you, smiling before he gestured for the empty chair beside him.

"Have a seat." You nodded and followed his instructions, sitting down on the chair he told you to sit on before watching him pull a drawer beside you.

"I thought we were going to see..." You paused, eyebrows were furrowing in the memory of that day as you clutched your burned arm, "...him." It was such a bitter taste when it rolled through your tongue. It was such a horrible night after all, but you knew that worse things will still come.