|14| 'Friendly' Date

Midoriya paced around his room, giving his phone a nervous glance.

He was unsure if he will call you or just text you so he can inform you that he got home alright. It was overwhelming for him that he got your number, and was actually given a privilege to talk and along with it was the date tomorrow.

I mean...friendly one.

But it was too much for him. Not that he actually hated it, he liked it too much that he was afraid of ruining everything at this point. He didn't want to break your relationship, but he wanted to take it further, though he had hesitations because, maybe, he was taking things too fast.

Well, I am here...No choice but to move forward.

He shook his head and snatched the phone, dialing your number without hesitation, or at least he thought so. His heart thumped rapidly against his chest, heat was rising up to his cheeks as his phone rang.

He took a deep breath and looked at his phone to end the call. But before he could even hang up the call, a familiar voice rang from the other line and he almost fainted because of it.

"Hello?"

"A-A-A-Ah, (Y-Y/N)-san...It's m-me...Midoriya Izuku."

You chuckled on the other line, pleasant and soft in Midoriya's ears and sighed. "Too tense Midoriya. I could practically hear you stiffening in your position."

Midoriya hitched breath as he sat on the chair near his study table, nervously fumbling with the hem of his shirt. "S-Sorry...It's my first time calling a girl...So..."

You hummed in amusement, nodding. "So, why did you call me?"

Ever so softly and quietly, he said, "I just wanted to hear your voice..." You fell silent on the other line as Midoriya absentmindedly uttered that line. Realization soon dawned upon him as his eyes widened in shock, inhaling sharply through his nose. "I-I mean--I-I wanted to t-tell you that I'm h-home!"

Little did Midoriya know, you were blushing really hard on the other line. Your palm was placed on your chest, slowly tapping it as if to calm your furiously beating heart down.

Dang it, Midoriya...You're making me feel weird things...

"I-I see...That's good then. Did you eat dinner?" Midoriya nodded, but he figured that he was on the phone so slapped his palm on his forehead and blushed in embarrassment. "I already ate... H-How about you, (Y/N)-san?"

"Yeah, I already ate. Grandma cooked for me. She came over since Yamada can't cook shit." Then you chuckled.

"Ah...I see..."

Silence and awkwardness fell between the line as the current topic came to an end. The both of you didn't know how to continue the talk as if all the possible topics vanished away into nothing.

"Um...So, what about tomorrow?"

Midoriya wanted to slap himself awake. He knew that he couldn't just leave you hanging, especially that he was the one who called you. He's really lost in this situation, alright. "R-Right! Uh...How about I go there a-at 9 AM?"

"Understood. Wear a nice outfit yeah?" Midoriya looked up, furiously blushing as he remembered his mom earlier. She was really looking into his clothes and even ironed them and stuff. He was grateful, but if someone knew she did that, he knew that he would die in utter embarrassment.

He brushed away the idea and he blinked then nodded. "I will, I will... You too, (Y/N)-san."

"Sure thing."