|35| Selfish

It was by far, the most overwhelming day you had in your life. And overwhelming means...full of emotions and shits.

Midoriya and you went to the cafeteria, casually talking to each other about the topics you like. You were smiling while talking to him, but it was a bit new to the sight of the others who knew you, for you were always had this cold and piercing look as if never to be wavered by anything. It was unusual for you to be this bright and happy, so some students got a glimpse of your pretty smile and talked about it, which Midoriya found...quite uncomfortable.

It was a feeling he can't explain yet he wanted to let it out...but he didn't at the same time.

"Hi, Shuzenji!" A boy greeted, waving his hand towards you. You perked up and turned your head towards the voice, raising an eyebrow as you saw him.

"Oh, hey! Long time no see." You said back, waving towards the boy. He chuckled, patting your head as he grinned. "Still the usual short Shuzenji..." You huffed, playfully punching his arms while snickering. "Fuck you."

"There's the sharp-tongued Shuzenji I know..."

Midoriya felt that he was left out in the space, just watching the pair joke around with such a nice vibe as if the two of you were really close friends. You soon smiled to Midoriya, gesturing for the boy that greeted you earlier.

"Midoriya, this is Koichi. He's my student last year, Hero Course 2-B. Koichi, this is Midoriya, my student this year."

The male grinned and dipped his head to greet the green-headed boy, which Midoriya responded with a small and brief nod.

"Dang," You said, smirking to the boy, "You really have done it, didn't ya'? I heard from the teachers that you'te one of the best rookie rescue heroes...?" Then you patted Koichi shoulder, while Midoriya...he wasn't exactly happy.

It wasn't a thing he usually feels, it wasn't a thing he wanted to feel...you were just talking to a friend, why is he feeling frustrated? It was ridiculous...the fact that he wanted to drag you away and just have you come with him, it was overwhelming. He was kind of ticked off by the bright ambiance the two of you were sharing as you talked...he wanted to do that with you.

That time...he felt how frustrating it is to have a student-teacher relationship. All these secrets and hiding...he felt he wanted to just shout it and announce it so he could have you by himself.

He was strangely being...possessive.

"(Y-Y/N)-san..." Midoriya called, while you just blinked and eyed him with a smile. "What is it?"

"Um...Uraraka and the other might be waiting."

Koichi hummed in amusement, raising his eyebrows as he smirked at you. "First name basis...sounds intriguing."

You pursed your lips and gave him a look, saying, "Stop making an issue from a small thing..."

Midoriya looked down with his lips pulled into a thin line, eyes were sad and down. He knew that he had to go through these situations...that you were doing this just to keep your relationship as a secret. But it was frustrating him...so much.

"Well...just saying. It's my first time seeing you let people call you by your first name. Aizawa-sensei and Yamada-sensei as an exception of course..." He mused, grinning while crossing his arms.

You chuckled and turned to Midoriya. "He's just worth it."

Midoriya's anger and frustration were suddenly calmed down as he saw you gazing that way to him...it was different. It was full of emotions yet he felt it was only directed to him. To him and only him.