|24| Pressure

When the right amount of racers has arrived in the stadium, the doors were closed and so the remaining 42 people remained. When the winners are gathered at the stadium, you smirked to them, crossing your arms.

"Congratulations on moving to the next round, students! For the 42 students, let see the rankings!" Then the screen showed the ranking with Midoriya taking the first place and Aoyama getting the last.

"These are the rankings and so we shall jump to the next part. To those who's in the bottom, this might be your chance to go up in the rankings! What is the next challenge...? Let us see!" After you exclaimed, you snapped your fingers, causing for the screen to roll.

"Suspense, yeah? Don't you worry because the next part will be more rowdy than the last one—" Then the title flashed at the screen, saying 'Calvary Battle'. "—this! Calvary battle!"

"Calvary battle...!" Kaminari and Mineta exclaimed in unison, while Asui tilted her head in confusion. "So we're teaming up, but how exactly?"

You smirked at Asui's question, answering it with slight excitement.

It was me who made this game after all...though...

"This is a game where the participants can choose and form their own teams or two to four members each and you shall get into a horse-and-rider formation—just like any cavalry battle. The rules are the same as those ordinary cavalry battle where you get and snatch an enemies' headband while guarding your own—of course with the freedom to use the quirks. But with one exception..."

You threw your hand down and pointed them, grinning as you explained the rules. "The race last time isn't going to be wasted since the ranks have their own assigned points!"

"We'll earn points like in the entrance exam? Sounds so simple"

"So the point value of each team depend on its members!"

You sighed sharply, shaking your head as gave them a sharp glare.

This is why I don't want to be the referee either.

"Can you just let me explain first...?" Then you waved it off, gaining your posture as you frowned, eyeing Midoriya for a split-second.

I'm so sorry Midoriya, but this is how life goes.

"Anyway, you're correct. Your individual points depend on your rank that starts 5 at the bottom and 10 for 41th place and so on...But there's another thing that will surely get your attention, figuratively and literally." Then you crossed your arms, smirking darkly, "Our first place participant is worth...Ten Million points!"

Sorry, Midoriya. I wanted to spice up the game, so I may have exaggerated the score.

It was obvious on how Midoriya was sweating, his expression was very jittery and so scared—he was really pale as if he had seen a ghost.

"This game is chance for a counterattack—it where the leading packs are the prey, and the lower ranks are the hunters! A game of survival—it's anyone's game!" You exclaimed, noticing how attention Midoriya got the center of attention all of a sudden. Of course, it was pressuring—who would've thought that he would be in a pinch just because he's the first place?

Sadly, Midoriya...it's the system on this school. I couldn't just have you be spoon-fed.

You knew how the pressure felt...of course, you have felt that back then when you were still studying here in U.A. It's such a load and such a weight that is suddenly forced upon you as if all of them will eat you alive. One wrong move—one mistake could lead to danger.