|39| Thoughts

Warmth was the first thing you felt when you opened your eyes. It was pleasantly warm, especially on your hand. It was being enveloped in such a nostalgic feeling along with the nice familiar scent lingering around your nose. And there was the fragrance of...coffee.

You looked around, before looking to your side and there you saw him holding your hand with a cup of coffee on another. He looked exhausted—sleep deprived even, with his eyes half-lidded and eye bags under his eyes...he looked like Aizawa the second.

He must've waited for me to wake up.

You gently squeezed his hand which caused for him to suddenly yelp in surprise, his coffee was almost spilling from his cup. He turned his eyes towards you, it was full of shock and surprise yet it was full of worry and relief. "(Y-Y/N)-san...!" Tears brimmed in his eyes as he placed his cup down the nightstand.

You gave him a weak smile, feeling unusually tired. "Hey." You softly cooed while he wrapped both of his hands on your uninjured one, carefully lifting it before holding it close to his lips. His hands were trembling, lips were quivering and eyes were puffy and red. You let out a breath, looking up to him. "I'm sorry...you had to see me like this."

He frowned, rapidly shaking his head in disagreement. "No, no! Don't be sorry! I..." He looked down to you, glance was full of worry and guilt. "...I had to. You're mine now...and I'm yours. It's a give and take situation, (Y/N)-san. I wanted to be with your side, in that way you can ask me anything you want." Then he pursed his lips, hiding his blushing freckled cheeks behind his hands that was holding yours, holding it closely to his face. "...if you d-do want my company. I-I can go if—"

"Have a little confidence, Izuku." You mumbled, eyes were soft while gazing at him. "I don't hate your company...I love it when you're here with me."

His almost felt as if his heart skipped a beat as you said that. It was just a set of words but your tone was like a melody to him...it felt pleasant and good. Oh, what would he do if that voice was suddenly lost...?

I don't know.

"O-Okay...I feel the same, (Y/N)-san. Very much so." Then he pressed his lips to your palm, gently kissing it which sent butterflies on your stomach. You lightly blushed, smiling at his gentle approach and expression to you. You sat up, grimacing in pain from your arm and sore in your stomach, but managed to sit properly with Midoriya's help and gentle assistance. Your injured arm was tucked in an arm sling. Once you were settled, he smiled to you while you moved your hand and placed it on his freckled cheek, softly caressing his cheek with your thumb.

"You seem tired...are you okay?"

He pulled the corner of his lips into a thin and flat line, eyes were downcast and away from you. "I should be the one who's asking that...I could get some sleep after this but you...a-are you o-okay?" You chuckled softly, nodding slowly as you continued to touch his soft cheek. "I'm fine. I mean, my arm still stings b—"

"I didn't mean that way...I..." He looked up to you, eyes were full of worry but it refused to break apart in front of you. It was as if he was holding himself together, just to be strong for you, just to be a proper man you can lean on. This time, he wanted to be the one who's going to be strong for you to collapse on, for you to break your walls on. He wanted to be a proper man that you can count on and lean on at times of trouble.

Then he continued, "...I want you to expose yourself to me. In the way that I can see you clearly, weak or not. I want you to reveal your flaws and problems out in the open and let me carry some of your burden. I want to be that someone that you'll talk to when you can't to others. I wanted to be that someone that you cry on when you're troubled, or the one who comforts you when you're sad or unhappy. Let me embrace all you have, good or bad."