|9| Stay for a While

It didn't take you a minute or less at all. The nearby convenience store was kind of near, but you didn't bother to go back to the school. Rather, you sat on a bench, peacefully looking up in the skies as you let out a breath. Your body was still heavy and slumped due to the exhaustion and lack of sleep, gaze was blank and deadpanned as if you were drowning deep within your thoughts.

It's been only two days, and as if many things already happened.

It's only been hours, yet you were feeling this heavy. Is this even possible?

The moment you let go of the promise you made with him, it was like a burden that weighed on your shoulders. Like what it did was the opposite. Letting it go was supposed to be something that can refresh you, yet all it did was to give you thousands of thoughts and unanswerable questions.

Insufferable shit right here.

You closed your eyes as you took in the sight of the orange-hued sky turning dark blue before you, feeling the chill in the cold breeze and the peace of surroundings as the day turned into night.

"(Y/N)-san?" A familiar voice snapped you out of your dazed state as you opened your eyes, darting your gaze towards the source of the voice only to found the man that makes you feel this kind of things.

"Midoriya." The green-headed male walked towards while you scooted a little bit to give him enough space to sit on. Silence fell over the place as he sat beside you, worriedly glancing at you as he bit his lip.

"Why are you here?"

Midoriya looked at you, blinking as he leaned his back on the bench, fiddling with the strap of his yellow bag. "I was on my way home from school."

"I see..."

Once again, the silence lingered around the atmosphere and only the shuffling of the leaves along the breeze was the only noise you could hear. Both of you stared at the sky, watching it change color from day to night.

"I'm so sorry for breaking our promise, (Y/N)-san. I just--"

You immediately shook your head in disapproval, your gaze was stuck to the ground as if you have taken interest looking at it. With a sigh, you cut him off when you had the courage to lift your eyes to his and gave him a smile.

"No. You can stop worrying about our promise." You managed to softly utter, although you didn't have the bravery to actually let it go.

But you still continued, "It might be holding you back. I'm just one female whom you just met and now I feel like I'm putting a collar to you. So you don't have to worry about the promise."

Your own interlocked hands tightened as you refused to let your cowardly and pathetic state take over you. Eyes wavering and lips quivering, you tore away the gaze from Midoriya and looked down back to the ground. "I have no rights to inflict something heavy like a promise to y--"

"You aren't (Y/N)-san."

All of a sudden, you were pulled into an embrace, although one hand was only wrapped around you, it seemed to reassure you as you melted into the soft hug. Your heart raced and cheeks flushed into thousand shades of crimson red, eyes wide in utter shock of having him hug you.

"I'm so sorry. I treated you like a wall that I could easily lean on and I was reassured by your presence. I thought that when I have you, I can do any reckless things because Recovery Girl and you would heal me..." He pulled you closer, nuzzling his nose on the crook of your neck.

"I was so stupid to be assured even though people like you are really worried about my injured state despite your ability to heal." Your face melted into a worried frown as you brought your hands to hug him, burrowing your head on his shoulders.