004 • Dana

Twice she was almost getting a heart attack; when they ran into another biker and when a van without an imprint grazed past them. During her flight, she hadn't been very afraid, in the grip of adrenaline. Moreover, she'd been the one behind the wheel. Even though Opie could drive just fine, she felt uncomfortable relinquishing control.

In any case, she was relieved when they approached the mall and parked the bike. Opie was the kind of person other people unintentionally moved aside for. Not because they were afraid of him, just because he looked so massive nobody wanted to crash into him.

It brought back memories. People always used to step aside when Maddox passed. He was neither very muscular nor tall, there was just a dark aura around him that pushed everyone out of his way. Back then she'd found it impressive and attractive. She'd been proud because she'd walked next to him as his dark queen.

Naive, so fucking naive.

Even that had been years ago. The last time he took her outside... she couldn't even remember when nor where they'd been to. It felt as if he had poured alcohol in her mouth for months, blurring her memories.

Dana looked at the strip mall. "Are there also shops with less... frumpy clothes?"

Opie chuckled. "Dunno. Guess we'd better taken one of the porn girls with us."

Dana looked at him in confusion. "Thought the whole point of being a porn star is wearing no clothes?"

A grin flashed over his face. "Outside work they do."

"Still a strange comment. Honestly, I had no plans to dress like a porn star. I have had enough male attention."

"Sorry." He put his arm around her. "We run a porn studio. The girls are often in the club. Not a lot of other girls, so..."

Dana had no idea what he meant with "so", but she answered with an "Ah, that makes sense." Before they could explore the subject, her eye caught a shop in which they had at least jeans. "Gonna take a look over there."

Opie nodded. As a watchdog, he stood next to the entrance. Dana entered the shop, she wasn't very picky in collecting a couple of outfits. She had no money herself, so she didn't choose very expensive items. A floor below she gathered a few bras, underwear and socks. All in all, it was quite an impressive pile.

Whatever. Seems my brother is runnin' a porn studio. That must make a nice buck. A shiver crept down her spine. Hope they don't think I'm gonna recover the costs there.

She shook off the thought. Tom would never allow it. Or did she give him too much trust? It was hard to assess what he was like, and she didn't want to be disappointed.

Well, they won't force you. They're not Maddox.

She walked to the entrance and gestured to Opie that she was finished. He went in, paid, and looked with a little too much interest at the lingerie the saleswoman put in a not very subtle plastic bag.

With a grin, she stood on her toes and whispered: "You like it?"

He chuckled and took the larger bag from the counter. "Doesn't matter what I like. Wanna keep my balls. Your brother threatens to cut them off if one of us touches you. And honestly, Hap is the only one I trust in doing so."

They left the shop. "Well, he can't expect me to behave as a nun."

The last time she had sex, was a while ago - and certainly voluntary sex. But hopping into bed with her brother's friend, wasn't probably very wise.

Opie looked at her, a little unsure as if he didn't know if this was a disguised invitation. It wasn't. Until a minute ago she hadn't even considered having sex with him, but at first sight, he looked like a nice guy. As did Jax.

Dana bumped her shoulder against his. "Don't flatter yourself, I'm only teasing. Before someone sees me in this hot lingerie, I wanna have had an old-fashioned date. First I need proof that someone has more to offer than just a willing dick. I've seen enough of those."

And not only seen. She felt sick and walked a little faster. Why don't you even bring up these things, you dumb idiot.