Chapter 7

I drag Claud from the school, ignoring all of her complaints. It's pretty amusing and I find myself laughing at a few which finally get's her to cool it. She doesn't pull her wrist from mine, letting me pull her along to our first stop.

Of course, I hadn't actually been planning on taking the girl on a date today, so I'm coming up with things as they pop into my head. She acts less than thrilled when we stop at the ice cream parlor in town, but I can see the underlying excitement.

"Ice cream? It's almost December, Noah." She said with a raised eyebrow and I just smile as I pull her into the parlor. As soon as we step inside she shivers at the cool air, but I catch her looking over each flavor, a hunger in her eyes that only presents itself when ice cream is involved.

"What do you want?" I asked and Claud looks up at me as a smile forms on her full lips. It's the devil's smile and damn if it doesn't look good on her as she walks forward, entwining her hands behind her back.

"Hmmm?" She hums as her eyes look over her options. "What do I want?" I just watch, arms crossed and smiling in disbelief because I know exactly where this is going.

Little vixen. She knows I'm paying too.

"A triple scoop of the mint chocolate chip ice cream in a chocolate dipped cone."

My eyebrows shoot up. I expected something, but not a triple scoop of ice cream. She never seemed like the type.

"You sure you'll be able to eat all that?" I asked and she nods.

"Oh, I know I will."

We leave the shop a few minutes later, ice creams in hand. I had gotten a double scoop of chocolate peanut butter in my own waffle cone. It's not my favorite nor my first choice. Nope, that belongs to Claud's ice cream which is why I end up attacking her own cone more than mine.

"Come on, share a little." I laughed as I bend down for another bite of hers. At first, she'd been fine with it since I'd said I'd only wanted a little taste. After that, though, it became an amusing game of just how much she'd let me have.

Claud laughs right along with me and it's music to my ears until I realize just what she has planned. Before I can pull away in time her ice cream is being shoved into my nose and I jump, startled by the cold. When I pull away I scrunch my nose and it only seems to amuse Claud further as she wraps her arms around her stomach, doubling over and nearly losing the rest of her cone. I can't stop the smile I get as I watch her having so much fun.

Our second stop is a small art museum that I know about thanks to Jacob. I'm not much of an art person, but I know Claud is the type to enjoy these things. As she looks at each of the artworks, entranced by their beauty, I watch her, entranced by that of her own.

My light.

I smile as I shove my hands in my pockets and walk to stand beside her. She gazes up at the work of art and I gaze at the one standing beside me.

As the day comes to a close I take Claud to one of the best places I know of in town. The spot that only two other people in my life know about. My dad and Jacob. It's a wide-open field perfect for picnics, games, or just lounging around. Most people don't know about it, though, because it's a far enough hike back in the woods that it's just a little bit tedious to get to. Even Claud had started complaining during our trek, but as soon as she laid eyes on the field she quieted down, captivated by the beauty. I take a seat under a tree at the edge of the opening, leaning back against the hard trunk and letting the day's events sink in.

"Well, that was fun." I hear Claud say and I nod.

"Yeah," I start as I smile, content with the scenery and the quiet around us. Despite it being a bit on the chilly side, the setting sun on the horizon is still nice. "It really was." I think back to what my dad had said last night and I can't be more thankful that he'd said it. If he hadn't, I doubt that I would be sitting here right now with Claud by my side after an amazing date.

She nudges me, pulling my attention from my thoughts. The sun shines down on her and I almost need to look away from her smile. She's so radiant and amazing and beautiful and...

Completely out of my league.

"Thanks for today, but I'm still not kissing you," Claud said and I just smile as I act heartbroken over this bit of information.

No, I guess you won't.

"That's terrible, but you know, I'm okay with it."

You're still above me. Just out of my reach.

I pull my beanie off of my head and reach over as I place it on Claud's.

But I'm getting closer.

"I've got a new dare for you," I said and she raises her eyebrows in curiosity.

"Oh?"

You're my ray of light.

I hold onto the sides of my hat and pull her closer until there's only a sliver of space between us. My grin must be contagious because I catch the corners of her mouth tipping up into the smile I love so much. The smile that brightens my entire day. The smile that warms me to my core. The smile that I want all for my own.

And nothing's impossible.

"I dare you..."

Yes!!! I love, love, love Noah and Claud's story. It was so much fun writing both perspectives and I hope you enjoyed both as well! If you did give that star button a little tap and drop a comment below on your thoughts. Until the next one, Bookoholic's!