Chapter 3

"Seriously? Why are you making me wear this?" I whine as I look at my reflection and readjust my blue halter top so it won't show too much cleavage.

Mariah has taken it upon herself to make me her own personal dress up doll for my date tonight. She's enjoying it too, pulling my hair and slathering on my make-up like some professional. Now, she's got me trying on a million and one outfits.

"You. Look. PERFECT!" She squeals out the last word and I'm sure she must have blown out my eardrum from the high pitch.

"I look like a whore," I said rather bluntly and Mariah just snorts as she arranges a few more strands of my hair. My eyes just follow the movements of her hands, not seeing any difference in how it was two seconds prior.

"If you look like a whore than I must be a prostitute half the time I go anywhere." She meets my eyes in the mirror and smiles with the same pride one would see a mother give her daughter. "It's called looking drop dead gorgeous. Now, you should probably head out. I set up the date for the little diner right down the street."

Of course, she did. That way I can make a quick escape if need be.

I smile because she's always thinking things through.

"Alright, I'm going."

"Have a blast with seven. Remember, I want details when you get back."

I just wave over my shoulder as I walk out of my room and towards my blind date.