Knight In Stunning Armour

I've actually kept this hidden for some time now due to reasons but anyways

Rated K

It was not easy keeping it a secret, but they had somehow made it for a year. Not from his sister, though. It was easy for her to figure it out in a few weeks after the secret was formed, but she promised not utter it to a single soul, if she was given the privilege to tease him.

"Good evening, Miss Scarlet," he leaned onto the frame of her bedroom door. She was the General, it was only appropriate to provide her a room of her own.

He watched her from her back as she polished her sharp blade in her night gown. She would only do this when she could not sleep. Although she was focusing, he knew she had acknowledge his presence.

Despite the fact that they were in a romantic relationship, she would always act cold towards him. He did not mind, though. He was well aware she loved him. He knew she did not want to start any habits, in case they were in public and the habits were performed-- in short, the secret would be revealed.

She always tells him to stop visiting her during the middle of the night. But never listens. She feared someone could catch them. There are always guards on patrol during the night and they would probably report about their fling to his parents, also known as the king and queen, in just a second.

There was nothing wrong with falling in love with a knight, except that particular knight that his mother was not fond off. And that is the one he had decided to choose, Erza Belserion.

The nickname Scarlet was given by him based on the shade of her hair. After many times of being told not to call her that, he kept it on.

Just like the late visits during the night, she loved the nickname. Just did not dare to admit it.

He slowly shut her door, in case someone was passing by and saw them together, before slowly approaching her from behind. A second before he had the chance to place a hand on her shoulder, she pointed her blade at his throat.

He was stunned by her movement for a moment before giving her a smirk as he pushed the blade away while she just watched in amusement. It wasn't surprising for him to not fear her as much as each and every living soul who had met her. And that made her feel weak when she's with him, alone.

"What are you doing here?" she hissed in anger, glaring at him.

"Relax, Scarl--"

"Don't," she warned. She knew it was already a habit of his, but she didn't want it to grow. One day, he'll address her by the name in public and both her life and his would be doomed.

"Erza?" he questioned if it was okay to address her that.

"It's General Belserion to you, your highness." He didn't like the way she would always be formal with him. For once, he would love for her to stop being so uptight. But the face she makes when she's mad at him amuses him.

"As you wish my queen," he teased, bowing to her with elegance.

"You're not even king yet," she pointed out, watching how he strode across the chamber to her bed before sitting down comfortably.

"But I will be in four days." The way he said it made him sound excited, but in truth, he was anxious. He has seen how his father dealt with every responsibility and he knew he was not ready. "And do you know what would be the first thing I'll do?" he grinned from ear to ear as she gave him a raised brow. "Ask for your hand in marriage in front of every of my subjects."

"How are you so sure you won't embarrass yourself by the time I say no?"

"Because you won't," he said with confidence. "I know the reason as to why you do not wish to be queen. You think that once you sit on a throne, your days as a knight are be over. But I assure you that you will be given even more exciting adventures than my father had ever given you."

"We'll see," she sat her sword down before sitting beside him to rest her head on his shoulder.

EDIT: credit to choco-berry for the idea!