Secrecy

Rated K

For the past few days, Jellal had been getting suspicious of his wife. He hated this feeling, but he just had this voice in his head that kept telling him Erza was definitely hiding something behind his back.

Although he did feel like that, he didn't think it was anything big, but he was pretty curious and was wondering when she would finally tell him. That is, before he figured it all out.

Erza let him borrow her phone to search something up, because his phone had died. When he entered the web search, the last thing she searched up had his mind thinking. He looked through her search history to be sure of what he was assuming and though he felt guilty by invading her privacy, he just had to know.

And he was definitely right.

He went to the kitchen with her phone in hand. Seeing that she was just feeding their son, he called her, "Hey, Erza?", interrupting their one year old's lunch.

"Yeah?" her hand stopped the spoon from going into Reiki's mouth and the kid didn't look amused.

"Are we-- Are we expecting. . . Another baby?" he asked with hesitation. It's not that he wouldn't be happy if they were to be having another kid, he just didn't understand why the news wasn't passed to him.

For a moment Erza stood still, staring at him with wide opened eyes. He was going to call her out for not responding, but then her lips turned upwards into the biggest grin ever.

"Yes!"

She ran towards him and attacked him with a strong, tight hug. For a second, he was caught off guard, but the next, he smiled down at her.

"How did you know? What gave it away? Ugh, thank god you found out, I couldn't keep in it me any longer!" she rambled with excitement in each word that came out.

Jellal chuckled and proceeded to ask her why she decided to keep it a secret.

"Well, I found out a week ago and since your birthday is so near, I wanted to suprise you. And it's only two days away now, but I don't have anymore surprises!" She gasped, finally realising. "Dammit! Why couldn't I keep a secret!" Erza frowned in disappointment.

"I don't need surprises, if Reiki and you are with me, that's enough," he assured, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear; a habit of his. "And of course, including that little one coming," he added, planting a hand on her stomach.

With a smile, Erza leaned in for a kiss, but someone interrupted. Both of them turned their heads to find their son with crossed arms and an angry face. He didn't mind his parents having their own moment, but his stomach needed to be filled before all that.

---

Kinda not proud of this one, but meh