Distant Family

"How do you know you can trust his word?"

"I dont but then again what do i have to lose Karlo"

He pulls her close grabbing her face gently getting lost for a moment in her eyes

"Baby i have allot to lose when it comes to you. Ill kill anybody that brings harm your way"

"Nothing will happen to me. But we are running out of options. Half the city is after us. I was never no bitch and i refuse to be one now. They got a army we will get a bigger one. Shit my so call cousin might be a army on her own. I dont want to spend my life hidden underneath while everybody else is living. That means they won with it trying."

"Everybody got me looking at them differently man. Its like everybody has crossed me but you. Youve been down for me through thick and thin. Gee fucked me over a few times. And my blindass didnt see it. He made me lose you once. I refuse to do that shit again. I want to spend the rest if my life with you on my side. "

He lets her go turning around to get his self together. He turns back around facing her dropping to one knee. Sassy could imaging the day he did this to ask if she would be his girlfriend. A smile plays at her lips as she plays with the ring that's stsyed on her hand. Even when they lost touch she still kept it on her finger. Because deep down she knew in her heart she would never let another man get to the place Karlo has.

"I didn't want to do it like this but shit if we going to war then i want to go to war with my wife. You already know how a nigga feel. So will you marry me baby? "

She brings him up with a passion love kiss. He slips the ring on smiling in the kiss.

"Your stuck with me"

"You promise"

He laughs as she holds her pinky in the air for him to catch with his.

"Pinky promise "

"We are childish "

"Supposed to be "

"Alright if we going to this thing right we need to start making calls. I think Gee is working for the police so we are going against some pigs. Your mama has one side of the Mafia and I'm not sure who else she's working with. I know Deon will be helping her. So let's get some information on that nigga to"

"So we having a family meeting with out the realest nigga. Im hurt"

"Boy shut ya long neck ass up. I got a few phones that can't be tracked. We will use those, call anybody you believe we can trust."

They sit in the living room just thinking of people they truly had on there side. They knew there part of the Mafia was down.

They sit calling and calling who ever.

"So what you think?"

"I believe we have a soild crew. I just hit Scar. He was like all shit time to come out of retirement for a moment. He said the streets talking. Gee working with his bitch. Deon working with his to. But there's no telling who they have"

"We don't have to. Remember when that girl went to war with her man. The police were apart of that to. Im tired of the shit. Its bigger then Gee and Deon. Turn on the news another mans been shot by the police. Another man so called had a weapon but turns out to be a fucking phone. Another man with a hoodie that gets no justice. Just because he had on a fucking hoodie. If they want war that's what we bring."

Karlo watches Sassys phone light up. She gets up going into the next room. He gets up following when he sees shes gone to long. As soon as he enters shes getting off the phone.

"Time to meet family "

He hugs her resting his chin on the top of her head

"You don't seem to thrilled"

"Naw i just don't seem trustworthy "

"Lets go babygirl, the sooner we get it over with the better"

"What about Jr?"

"Dreka is staying since shes pregnant and a some workers are at the top now waiting to get in"

She nods her head going to there room to dress in all black. Karlo soon follows when he lets the men in.

When she walks in D walks up giving her a hug

"Good to see you boss lady"

"Alright cut that touchy feeling shit out"

They laugh before parting

He pulls her to him mugging D

"Stop it"

"I don't like the shit"

"Stop being a baby"

She stands on her tippy toes kissing his lips

They let Black say his goodbyes while they do there see you later with Jr.

"Lets go"

They grab there bags heading to a jet that's about 45 minutes away.

They prepare for the 5 hour flight discussing there differnt ideas.

They touch down just as night is setting in. Sassy calls to check on her baby. She speaks to him briefly before hanging up getting in meeting mode.

Walking into a building that was sent to her phone. Sassy cocks her AK47 before getting in the elevator. Kissing Karlo before the doors close.

When it opens a curly hair beauty stands there waiting.

"Yall won't be needing those. We have allot to discuss. Everybody is waiting in the next room"

She walks off before looking back

"Im Cali by the way"