Chapter 03.

"All right, let's not panic." Shiro was the first to speak among the moment of crisis.

"Not panic?" Hunk remarks in disbelief, "The-The scary purple alien thing is driving his battleship towards us. We only have four lions—" Hunk holds up four fingers.

"—Technically, only three working lions." Pidge interrupts.

"That's right. Thank you, Pidge." Hunk pats Pidge on the shoulder and moves towards Shiro, holding up three fingers, "Three working lions and a castle that's, like, 10,000 years old."

Coran lifts up a finger, butting in, "Actually, it's 10,600 years old." He tugs on his jacket, "You see, it was built by my grandfather—"

Hunk puts his finger over Coran's mouth, "—Thanks, Coran. Thank you for that. See?" He looks at Shiro, "Now is the perfect time to panic!"

"Hunk, breathe." Lance tells him gently.

Hunk huffs, "I can't—we're doomed!"

"Wait!" Allura gasps, "This castle has a particle barrier we can activate."

Lance smirks, "Girl, you've already activated my par—"

Shiro gives Lance an annoyed look, "—Lance!"

A hologram of Sendak's battleship appears and zooms in on the ginormous ion cannon. "The particle barrier won't hold Sendak's ion cannon forever." Cira crosses her arms, "The Galra technology must have advanced since we fought them last."

"Panic now?" Hunk whimpers and looks at Shiro.

"No." Shiro answers, "We just got to figure out our plan of action, and figure it out quickly."

"I say we pop through a wormhole and live to fight another day." Lance suggests.

"I second that. Yes." Hunk stammers, "I mean, we tried to find all the lions, right? We gave it the old college try. Couldn't do it. We only have three." He lifts up two fingers on his right hand and one on his left, "We can't form Voltron. I mean, I guess we could form a snake. Or a worm!" Hunk looks at Lance, "To go through that hole, Lance, that you were talking about."

"Then, it's settled." Lance moves in-between Cira and Allura, "Cira and Allura will ride with me." He glances at Coran, "One of you take the old guy." Coran glares at him.

Mental note, never call Coran old.

Pidge begins to protest, "We can't just abandon Arus. The Galra will keep destroying planets and capturing prisoners until we stop them."

"Okay." Hunk begins to explain, "If we run, then maybe Sendak will follow us and leave this planet alone, like when we left Earth. We form the snake-worm thingamajig and we—" Hunk hisses and forms his hands like a snake to show, "—out of here."

Keith closes his eyes in annoyance, "Sendak could destroy the planet then come after us anyway." He opens them and looks at Hunk, "Staying is our only option."

Lance narrows his eyes at him, "Here's an option: shut your quiznak." Coran, Cira, and Allura's eyes widen in horror at Lance's use of language. By the look on the Altean's faces, Keith gives him a foul look, "I don't think you're using that word correctly."