Chapter 053.

Pidge, Hunk, and Keith seemed to have entered almost a dream state. Lance, Allura, Cira, and Coran had to shake them awake. "What happened to you guys?" Lance asked, his arms still resting on Keith's shoulders.

"The Lions, I think they're telling us—" Hunk started.

"—No! I refuse to believe it. Shiro must be out there. I'm going to find him. I won't give up on him. I don't care what he says. I don't believe he's gone." Keith interrupted, kicking the Black Lion's command chair.

"Keith!" Cira blurted.

Keith ignored her, looking up at the ceiling to the cockpit, "You might be quick to give up, but I'm not like that. I won't give up on Shiro." Keith stormed out of the Black Lion and the team followed behind.

"Keith, where are you going?" Cira yelled after his retreating figure.

"To find Shiro."

"You can't go back there. The Galra could still be hanging around. It's too dangerous." Coran protested.

"I don't care. I have to do something."

"I understand Keith, but we've all been through a lot. We're all worried about Shiro, but first, we must regain our strength and fix the Castle. Otherwise, we won't be able to help or locate anyone." Allura said, placing her hand on Keith's shoulder.

Keith paused, looking back at his fellow crewmates and finally nodded his head, sulking off to his quarters.

"Can you pass the cactus looking fruit?" Lance asked, pointing a small ivory hand towards the center of the table. Keith reached for the bowl just as Hunk did on the opposite side and they both grabbed it. The Red Paladin scowled and gave a little tug, pulling the bowl towards him and out of Hunk's hand. Keith set the bowl down beside him in-between him and Lance.

It was about a week after Shiro's disappearance. Everyone was taking it hard, but no one was taking it harder than Keith. He was in a bad mood 24/7, his only thoughts residing on Shiro and Shiro alone.

Running a hand through his hair, Hunk leaned back in his chair. Keith looked over towards Lance, who fought to keep his own hair out of his face as he struggled to cut the fruit with his small hands. He gave a frustrated grunt and stabbed the fruit with the knife. Keith reached for it and cut the fruit with ease and placed the slice on Lance's plate. Lance reached for the slice with his fork, but Keith swatted the utensil away and began cutting the fruit into smaller piece. When he was done, he pushed the plate back towards Lance and continued eating his own dinner. Keith looked up from his plate and saw Cira staring at him, biting her lower lip with a concerned look in her eyes. Coran and Allura were also staring at him, but their faces were lit up as their purple eyes shimmered with tears of joy. Hunk's hair hid his face as he looked down at his plate and next to him was the small figure of Pidge, who's head barely reached over the tabletop. Keith saw her shoulders shake and the hidden smile under her mop of hair as she suppressed her laugh.

"What's so funny, Pidge?" Keith asked, sternly.

"Nothing, I was just wondering if you could cut mine into little bites too, dad." Pidge couldn't control her laughter.

Hunk stood up out of his chair and reached for an empty tray, "Okay, I'm going to get these plates out of the way. Pidge, why don't you help me?" Hunk pulled her chair out and handed her a small stack of bowls to carry, pushing her out of the dining room and into the kitchen.