Chapter 05.

It was day two.

Cira, Allura, and Coran continued to repair the castle day and night. It wasn't until morning when Allura told them they needed to test the alarms. Coran came to the conclusion that the other Paladins were still asleep and the alarms would wake them. Cira was the one that suggested they test the Paladins, as well. Coran set off the alarm and Allura began to yell through the radio, "Everybody up! Zarkon's attacking! The castle's about to be destroyed! Go, go, go! We need Voltron now! Hurry! We can't survive much longer!"

Coran looks at her, "You've got to sell it a little bit more." He clears his throat, "Oh, no! Cira is dead!" Cira rolls her eyes, "Aw, it's horrible! Her head fell off! Wait!" He leans on the ground, "What? Her severed head is trying to speak to me! What is it, Cira's head? What are your final words?"

Cira sighs in annoyance, "Coran."

Tears begin to fall from his eyes, "Oh, yes, Princess, I'm listening."

She looks at him, "It's over."

"Oh, I know!" He groans, "If only Voltron had been formed!"

He looks up, only to see with surprise four Paladins standing before him and giving him a weird look. "Oh!" He stands and holds up the timer, "Time!" Cira looks at the four with a hard gaze. Shiro was the only one in his Paladin armor. Hunk was in his pajamas, while Pidge and Keith were in regular clothes.

"I guess this isn't an actual attack." Shiro concludes, his right hand holding his Paladin helmet.

"And it's a good thing it wasn't because it took you..." Cira looks at Coran, "Coran?"

"Seventy-five degrees." Coran reads off, making Cira look at him with confusion. "Oh, sorry." He looks at her, "No, this is a meat thermometer."

Allura moves forward, "However long it was, it was too long. You must always be ready to do battle with Zarkon. Look at you! Only Shiro is in uniform. Keith, Pidge, Hunk, where are your bayards? And where is Lance?"

Suddenly, the door to the Bridge opens and Lance walks in, wearing a robe and slippers. He held a cup in his right hand and yawned when he entered, "Good morning, everybody. What's going on?" Everyone gawked at him.

"Where did you get that?" Pidge inquires.

"Jealous?"

"Maybe."

"It was in the bathroom of my room. I think we all got one." He smiles. Pidge looks towards the door, as if he wanted to go and see for himself, but held himself back when Cira spoke up.

Cira begins to move in front of the Paladins with Coran following behind her, "Coran, Allura, and I have been up for hours getting the castle back in order. We had to run a test on the alarms and we decided to test you, as well." Her expression hardens, "Guess which one failed."

"Hey!" Hunk yawns, "You got to sleep for 10,000 years, man. Monday night, I was on Earth. Now, I've flown through space," Hunk begins to list off his fingers, "fought some evil alien named Zarkon, eaten goo in some weird castle." He looks down, "That's a lot to process in, uh..." He trails off, "I don't know." He scratches his neck, "What day is today?"