Chapter4- Catching Up

Dally's P.O.V 

 I finished reading what she wrote of everything that has happened to her since I left. And why she is a mute. She also wrote other things down that she wanted to tell me. I tell her to come in and introduce her to the gang, then I go to Darry in the kitchen. 

Karly's P.O.V 
I

waited for two minutes before my brother came out. I waited to see what he was going to do and say. I got a true Dallas smile that I remembered and a hug. He looks me in the eyes but doesn't say anything. He took the notebook I had for him, hugged again, and told me to come in. When I walked in I had 6 pairs of eyes on me I looked at all of them, they were all staring at me. I got freaked out a little and hid behind Dally, he told me that I would be okay. 

He introduced me to them, " Guys this is my twin sister Karly, she came from New York, and she can't and won't talk, so be nice and ask questions that are yes and no to get to know her". I learned that their names are Sodapop, Ponyboy, Darry, Steve, Johnny, and Two-Bit. Two-Bit was kind of cute, but Dallas told me to sit down on the couch, so I sat down by Pony and Johnny watching Mickey Mouse and answering questions. 

After that he went to the kitchen, and I was starting to get scared. I was hoping that he could sit by me and catch up, even if I had to write on paper and/or sign language. They asked questions that were okay, I was scared the whole time they asked questions. Then Steve and Two-Bit made fun of me because I don't talk, so I started punching and kicking them. Then Dally and Darry came out of the kitchen to see what was going on, and to pull me off of Steve. 

Darry's P.O.V. 
I

was in the kitchen cooking for the gang after a long hard day of work. When the living room got quiet except for the t.v. I step out to see it was Dally and a girl that seemed to look like him and know him. He said she was his twin sister Karly, and that she just ran away from her parents in New York and would be staying with him. He introduced us to her and told her to sit in the couch, I could tell that she was scared a little I could see it in her eyes. 

Dally comes over and asks if he can talk to me in the kitchen, I agreed and checked the chicken Alfredo on the stove and sat at the dinning room table and asked what is up. He handed me a notebook and told me to read it, I did and when I was done, he said that Karly wrote it. He also told me that she was a mute, right after he said that there was commotion going on in the living room and Karly was punching Steve in the face and sat on him, and it looked like she hit on Two-Bit also.

I asked  Pony and Johnny what happened and they said " Dally told us she was a mute and to ask yes and no questions for her to answer, well it was going okay, until Steve and Two asked why she won't talk and they were picking on her and then she just snapped and started punching". As he told me this Dally was busy trying to get Karly off if Steve, but was struggling so I went over and helped too.

AN:  This is my own picture that I took up too.