Chapter 19

Karly's P. O. V. 

 I was asleep on the couch,  until the front door slammed closed and I jumped and hit my face with Dally's. 

"You okay? "

I nodded and signed "the door slamming scared me.  Dad always slammed the door then hit me. " I was still a little panicked, but Dally was whispering sweet calming words to me to help me not have a panic attack. 

I layed my head back down and rubbed my face where I made contact with Dad's face and went back to sleep. I could feel Dal playing with my hair and it calmed me to a deep sleep.  

Dally's P. O. V. 

I was sleeping on the Curtis' couch until the door slammed and Karly shot up from her sleep and hit me in the face with hers.  I asked her if she was okay and she nodded yes,  but told me that she got scared by the front door slamming because dad always did if before he hit her.  

I whispered claiming words into her ear and she fell asleep again,  and I also played with her hair to calm her down.  I noticed she was about to have a panic attack,  and I was preventing it from happening. 

"Don't slam the door stupid,  you woke Karly up and I had to calm her down before she had a panic attack and get her back to sleep. She get's scared because stuff the old man did" I yelled at Steve.  I was really agrivated and was starting to get angry.  I just wanted my little sunshine to be happy and get some sleep. I know how hard it is for her to sleep,  that is why I haven't left to hunt some action or go to Buck's,  she needed me and I will be here for her.

Darry made eggs and toast for breakfast,  and there was the cake and beer and chocolate milk that we all had.  I worry about Karly sometimes and this is one if them,  yes she is my twin and my sister but,  because she's had it so hard and I can tell that she has trust issues.  I worry that sine thing will happen and I will lose her,  and that scares me.  

Darry, Soda,  and Steve left for work and Pony and Johnny went to the lot.  Two was still asleep so I didn't wake him unless he needed to be.  

It was just about 10: 30 when both Karly and Two-Bit woke up and got beers for themselves. I watched both carefully,  I could tell how much they loved each other by the looks on their faces,  and how they act toward each other.  I smiled to myself because seeing them together and happy makes me happy.  

"Let's go sunshine,  we need to go to Buck's and change clothes and go to the Dingo for lunch" I said. 

We walked all the way there and nothing happened,  I sighed in relief because everything had been crazy lately.  

We ate at the Dingo then caught a movie at the movie house with Two-Bit, Johnny,  and Pony then went to go swipe stuff from stores. As it was getting dark we all went back to the Curtis house,  ate chicken and mashed potatoes,  then sat and watched Mickey and fell asleep. I kissed my sister on the forehead and whispered good night before handing her sleeping figure to Two-Bit so she could sleep better.  I left to go gang out with Tim and his gang.