Chapter 26- Sick Days

Dally's P. O. V. 

I was having one of the best sleeps that I have had in a while because Karly was with me and I knew she was safe.  Well,  that was until see woke up from a peaceful sleep and sprinted into the bathroom and was throwing up into the toilet.  I knew if I asked her questions she wouldn't answer,  so I was just thinking for a minute and then it hit me.  She had sex with Two and now he has knocked her up. Well someone is not going to be aloud to see her for a while.  I was about to go and punch and yell at Two-Bit while he slept but,  I went and helped my sister hold her hair back and rub circles on her back.  

I felt her head when she was done and was cleaning up and rinsing her mouth out. She was really hot and sweating,  she is sick Dallas.  I grabbed a wash cloth from the draw and soaked it in cold water and out it on her forehead and carried her to the kitchen to get a glass of water and then carried her to the couch.  I sat down and said " Lay your head on my lap and go to sleep,  I am right here if something happens.  Just keep this wash clothes on your forehead okay? " She whimpered slightly and nodded after taking a sip of her water.  

After she fell asleep,  Darry came out 2 hours later dressed and ready for work.  He must have saw the sight in front of him because he came over and asked what was wrong.  " Darry just listen to me when I say this okay? " He nodded,  " I think Karly is sick.  She is sweating and was throwing up 3 hours ago. I also think that she has a fever.  And I am worried because the last time I was with her in New York and she was sick she was really sick for 4 days.  I almost had to take her to the hospital.  Darry,  we all don't have the money to take her to the hospital and we bearly can get medicine.  I don't know what to do because when she gets sick it pains me because it is horrible for her and me being her twin I feel the pain,  and I have to watch and try to fix it. "

"I can see what we have and go from there.  If anything I will have Two-Bit go and swipe some from the drug store. " I nodded at him. 

"At first I thought I would have to kill Two-Bit because I thought that the two of them had sex and he knocked her up. " I said. 

"I see your worries and I am proud of you Dallas,  for stepping up and taking responsibility and doing the right thing,  caring and being your.  You don't always have to be the tough guy Dally." Darry said. 

"Thanks Darry.  And I am caring and worried every time it comes to my sister.  I don't know what I would do without her. She is my world,  why I live and Johnny too.

It was an hour later all the gang was in the living room. I was just stroking my sister's hair and thinking,  when she bolted up out if her sleep and went to the bathroom,  standing over the toilet throwing up again.  I held onto her hair and was cooing to her. "Hey,  look at me.  I will help you through this okay.  We aren't at home okay,  this is Tulsa not New York okay.  I can get you medicine and help you,  you just have to trust me and stick with wht I say okay. " I said to her.

Karly nodded and was crying a little.  I wiped the tears away and I tired her hair into a messy bun while she cleaned up her face and rinsed her mouth out. I took the wash cloth she had on her forehead earlier and got it wet in cold water.  

I took her hand and led her back to the couch.  I had her drink some of her water and she sat down next to me.  Darry came over with some fever and headache medicine,  and some yogurt.  After she took the medicine and finished her yogurt,  she cuddled in to my left side and buried her head into my chest.  I kissed her hair and told her the medicine will help and that I knew she was in pain. 

The gang was watching and really confused but they didn't say anything.  Darry gave over and gave me a beer and a plate of eggs.  When I was finished I set them  shaped on to my sister's back to calm her and make her sleep,  she whimpered because if her headache.  I kissed her hair again and just wished she didn't have to be sick.  

Darry made soup before he and the others left for school and work.  I was glad for that,  he had just left it on the stove on low to keep it warm.  I was going to have Karly eat some the next time be woke up. 

******* Time skip to when they eat  dinner********
The gang and I had eaten dinner and I told them what the situation was and I could tell that this pained Two-Bit a little.  We all we and easy Mickey and fell asleep in the living room.