Chapter 27 - Skater Boy

-Roxy's POV-

"You look familiar."

I blurted my thoughts out loud as he looked a little shooken as I looked at his name tag.

"Michael? Michael Clifford?"

He slightly nodded, I bet he doesn't even remember me.

"You really don't remember me?"

He shook his head as I sighed and took out my glasses and put them on. His eyes widened in realization.

"Roxanne Dianne? What are you doing here in the US?"

He asked me astonished,

"I could ask you the same thing Aussie."

I teased him with the nickname I gave him in the 7th grade. Michael came from Australia one year to see how he would like canada. He must have liked it a lot because he was there since grade 11.

"I actually think I deserve an explanation for all of this because we were so close during all of those years that we were in school together and then all of the sudden you drop out of school to be with the guy you've been in love with for two years?"

I nodded,

"It's complicated Mike."

His eyes widened and looked like he wanted to punch something.

"It's not complicated. I deserve this explanation because it hurt me a lot to know that you left without even saying goodbye."

He simply stated as he cleaned the bar table.

I took a deep breathe and explained everything single detail to him about Louis and I. First off I started with telling him why I dropped out and where I went after that. VTA. The breakup with Louis and then my song writing career and then Kendall and then my hook up with Louis and how I almost fell for him again. Got hurt. Broke up with somebody and finally said farewell to Louis while he and everyone else I know is gone off on tour.

"I just can't believe he actually reeled you in. There are plenty of guys out there who would die to be with you and you chose Louis? How pathetic."

Michael laughed sarcastically as I punched him in the shoulder,

"Now, why the hell are you in the US?"

Now it was my turn to question him and make fun of him,

"Well, after you left I was a little upset... And the guys started to notice. So we all threw a big party and the band we hired never showed up. So we, when I say we I mean Calum, Luke and Ashton, decided to play for the party and we did some rubbish blink 182 covers and everyone seemed to like it. I was really surprised. We all dropped out of high school and all we did was book gigs for ourselves to play for people. Here I am two years later in the US, trying to make it in America with the boys. They are all off doing their own jobs. We've got to make money somehow."

I nodded in agreement as Michael poured me a glass of gingerale as he sat next to me. Wow, I have to admit he really looked good. He had his hair died jet black with a little blue strip on his fringe. He looked like he was immatating Josh Ramsay. He was dressed in full black. He looked very matured and had an edge of punk in him. In high school, he was very immobile and he didn't open up easily to just anybody but I found out how to crack at him.

"What is your band name?"

I asked him as I sipped on my gingerale. Just a weird question though... How did he know I like gingerale?

"We are called 5 seconds of summer?"

I giggled at the band name as he did too,

"Why did you guys decide on that?"